Box crashes since new update

Claire TwineClaire Twine Posts: 52Member
edited 17 March 2017, 9:21AM in Feedback
I absolutely HATE the new update, not being able to sort recordings A-Z, not being able to hide channels, having to scroll back to the beginning of a series just to delete what you have just watched - I could go on. But the Biggest Annoyance is both my boxes randomly crash. Just now I was watching a recording and another recording started and my box just went blank. So I had to switch it off and restart it (which, since the update, takes so much longer now). So now I've missed the start of what I recorded.

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 965Member ✭✭
    edited 16 March 2017, 11:59PM
    Claire -  were your  boxes randomly crashing before the Next Gen update occurred ?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,562Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 March 2017, 12:19AM
    There have been no reports of NextGen crashing YouView boxes, other than a very small number of TalkTalk Huawei trailists, which is being investigated. 
    What are your make and models, Claire? Are you ISP or retail? And which NextGen version are you on? 
    Press the blue YV button> Settings> Scroll down to Software Info> Manufacturer Software.
    It should say 27.46.0.
    Listed under that is your ISP Configuration - what value do both your boxes show? 
  • Claire TwineClaire Twine Posts: 52Member
    edited 17 March 2017, 9:21AM
    Box was fine before update. Never crashed at all. I'm currently at work so haven't got all the info but I bought my box 6 years ago retail and my box is completely up to date. Not sure of model until I get home later tonight (don't you love shift work!!!)