[Discussion] Humax software update 27.46.0

Comments

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2017, 10:38PM
    Visionman said:

"Can somebody tell me how to start watching a program that you are currently recording starting from the beginning ?"
    Yes, enter My TV, flick down, press enter.  

The actions in the info panel will return very soon (with a couple more than before), hopefully via the first update after the rollout is complete.
  • ben2ben2 Member Posts: 16
    edited 17 March 2017, 2:06PM
    Visionman said:

"Can somebody tell me how to start watching a program that you are currently recording starting from the beginning ?"
    Yes, enter My TV, flick down, press enter.  

Excellent, thank you for the feedback.
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Member Posts: 318 ✭✭
    edited 17 March 2017, 5:40PM

image I've just been readying an old Humax HDR Fox T2 with custom firmware against the time when, inevitably, the dreaded 'upgrade' happens to us, and I noticed that this is one of the options for listings, you can choose lists, icons, or both! What a sensible option. Bearing in mind that this is cobbled together by a small bunch of amateurs in their spare time, surely Youview could come up with similar choices? You can also have any background image or colour you want, or the TV playing, or even a slideshow of your own photos if that's what floats your boat. Brilliant stuff!
    (Not my photo by the way, camera battery flat).

Interesting to note what it's doing as well - copying a video to a flash drive :~)
    This is also a feature of the official firmware.

@Dave Howes
    Interesting.  Please would you provide a link to a site which includes details on the HDR-FOX T2 mod where "there's even a web interface where you can change graphic elements, install skins, and add your own web-based services".
    Some of my HDR-FOX T2s are already have telenet, but I'm unable to locate any referece to this version of moding that you are reffering to as a concideration for an alternative to a youview recorder.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 March 2017, 1:49PM
    zulu17 said:

Couple of observations
    1 Holding the directional button on screens will often navigate quickly in the desired direction rather than doing multiple individual clicks.
    2 if you set the Delete Confirmation to on I believe you will get a clear indication that you are about to delete multiple episodes of a series and require you to confirm that you want to proceed.

Ah now there is a blast from the past, for some history see the details for the trash/undelete idea which is item 18 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests. From that you can see my post from when the delete confirmation step change from being compulsory (as it was at launch) to being non-existent.

YouView listened to the user feedback, and brought back delete confirmation within 4 months, but as an option. Options it seems therefore are something YouView sometimes implement in response to feedback so perhaps they will do something similar in relation to tiles and lists of recordings ;-)
  • david1david1 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited 17 March 2017, 10:04PM

Since my Humax DTR-T2000 box auto-updated to 27.46.0 it has begun to power up randomly in "Maintenance Mode" without being activated by the remote or box. This is the case irrespective of which power saving mode is selected. Basically , the unit is off in standby mode at night and has powered up overnight into maintenance mode in the morning. I have to select "reset software" to reset the box and turn it off again. This is a daily occurrence and is most annoying and needs to be addressed by Humax.

I seem to have the same issue but it started before Nextgen. I did read someone removed their disk and reformatted it to resolve (of course you lose your recordings )
  • John3John3 Member Posts: 6
    edited 20 April 2017, 3:37PM
    I'm not happy with this, the recordings view is very confusing, please bring back list view. Also, the available episodes tab on the programme information has disappeared.
  • El Dingo HarrisonEl Dingo Harrison Member Posts: 9
    edited 2 June 2017, 10:01PM
    I don't mind *most* of this update, except the loss of the list view in recordings.  This new icon based system is very confusing and difficult to read, especially for thise with 'challenged' eyesight.

Please can you add an option to see recordings in List View or let me 'downgrade' to the previous software?  Urgently!  Thank you in advance.
  • TraceyTracey Member Posts: 4
    edited 3 April 2017, 2:46AM
    SueS said:

Update 27.46 came in without me saying yay/nay which seems a bit off since it's a major change. I miss the box upper left with the channel preview but my major gripe is reserved for the recordings list with those little confusing images and incomplete text. Can I *please* have a simple text list of my recordings. If I had the option I'd revert to the old software simply on this issue. But I don't have the option - see above for installation/imposition without permission. I do like the other features I've seen though - clearer settings options & much better contrast of text to background in listings spring to mind . One difficulty I'm having is that BT player doesn't seem to be working at all - simply "loading..." followed by a blank screen when it's selected. I have BT as ISP but I don't have a subscription to BT tv, which might be the problem. Please keep the updates coming!

I don't think you can even revert back to the old version unfortunately, otherwise I think most of the people who are commenting here would be.
    If I'm wrong can someone please correct me
  • TraceyTracey Member Posts: 4
    edited 3 April 2017, 2:54AM
    Claire2 said:

Bit disappointed - The recordings screen with images takes far longer to navigate. For most programmes only a tiny part of the title shows up so it is hard to identify programmes if you have a large collection. With the previous version I liked that I could side click to move to the next screen. I'm also not sure what order recordings are arranged in.

Suggestions
    - settings option to choose list or thumbnail view
    - arrange by option for recordings (as in older boxes) to sort by date/title

Thank you!

I know that it's in date order but , unlike the list view, you can't sort it by name. Sometimes I'll record a series and then change the series record to a different time of day so I can avoid a clash when trying to record something else. It sometimes now looks like I've missed some episodes and if, like usually happens with me, I end up watching it 4 or 5 months later I can't get it on catch up so have lost the chance of watching the whole series. At least with the old version I could sort by name and make sure I'd got all of the episodes.
    The rest of the update can stay if it has to but please give us the option to view the list
  • Michael LoweMichael Lowe Member Posts: 2
    edited 18 March 2017, 1:44PM

Since my Humax DTR-T2000 box auto-updated to 27.46.0 it has begun to power up randomly in "Maintenance Mode" without being activated by the remote or box. This is the case irrespective of which power saving mode is selected. Basically , the unit is off in standby mode at night and has powered up overnight into maintenance mode in the morning. I have to select "reset software" to reset the box and turn it off again. This is a daily occurrence and is most annoying and needs to be addressed by Humax.

I tried Visionman's solution which sadly made no difference. The random powering on issue has continued throughout the week , sometimes in maintenance mode sometime not. I would have suspected the powering on issue was caused by incoming data packets through the Ethernet port resulting in "wake up on LAN" , similar to Windows. Anyway , as this is a relativity new refurbished box purchased from Humax direct (oh dear , no warranty now) I didn't have any recordings so I've taken the plunge and upgraded the hard-drive to a new 1TB (Seagate ST1000VM002 Pipeline HD 1000 GB). I've performed a factory reset (and delete recordings) and the box is up and running again. One other thing I've noticed is that during the numerous factory resets , sometimes BT Player does not reappear in the menu options. As I purchased the Humax DTR-T2000 500GB YouView+ HD Digital TV Recorder (£139) , I'm not sure this is the BT branded version or not.

The new HDD has gone in today , so I'll see how things go and post my findings.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,520 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 March 2017, 5:13PM

The presence or absence of the BT player, and the BT screen branding, depend on whether BT is your ISP or not. Not on whether you subscribe to BT TV or not, and not on whether the box you bought was BT branded or not.

However, which update cycle your box is updated on will always depend on whether it was manufactured as BT branded at the hardware level, no matter who your ISP is, and mo matter what you are or aren't subscribed to on the box,
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Marta ClareMarta Clare Member Posts: 8
    edited 4 June 2017, 8:54AM
    I have suffered this update on my bought Humax box. I also have a BT You View box in my bedroom. It informed me that the wonderful update is coming any day now! So I will have the useless recorded programmes page with the silly thumbnails wherever I watch. No escape.
    Considering the colossal negative feedback this update has received, I wonder whether it is really necessary for it to be rolled out completely. Perhaps that is the only way a new update can be released? If so, please get on with it, and give us a list view and some rational way of dealing with series recordings.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 12:37AM

I have suffered this update on my bought Humax box. I also have a BT You View box in my bedroom. It informed me that the wonderful update is coming any day now! So I will have the useless recorded programmes page with the silly thumbnails wherever I watch. No escape.
    Considering the colossal negative feedback this update has received, I wonder whether it is really necessary for it to be rolled out completely. Perhaps that is the only way a new update can be released? If so, please get on with it, and give us a list view and some rational way of dealing with series recordings.

There are some escape routes.
    See: https://community.youview.com/youview...
  • Steve29Steve29 Member Posts: 13
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Had a look at Youview's review claims in the improvents in 27.46 and noticed one of them was connectivity to "The Cloud" claiming it's to enable easier software upgrading?!
    "The Cloud"? it's a cheap storage method, what would Youview want that for? Then it hit me, No I thought they wouldn't. So i went to the new settings and sure enought the option to withold viewing data had been removed. So that's what the unwanted, unasked for 27.46 is for, it's viewer data collection of all YouView users.  What they watched and when, whenever they switched over on adverts, what they recorded (assuming high likelyhood of fast forward ads),  etc, etc, etc. All valuable data they can sell to tv companies and commercials producers. Big Brother is watching your YouView!    
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:19AM
    Steve29 said:

Had a look at Youview's review claims in the improvents in 27.46 and noticed one of them was connectivity to "The Cloud" claiming it's to enable easier software upgrading?!
    "The Cloud"? it's a cheap storage method, what would Youview want that for? Then it hit me, No I thought they wouldn't. So i went to the new settings and sure enought the option to withold viewing data had been removed. So that's what the unwanted, unasked for 27.46 is for, it's viewer data collection of all YouView users.  What they watched and when, whenever they switched over on adverts, what they recorded (assuming high likelyhood of fast forward ads),  etc, etc, etc. All valuable data they can sell to tv companies and commercials producers. Big Brother is watching your YouView!    

This is something that also concerns me but very few other people. Have a look at this Steve...
    https://community.youview.com/youview...
    edited 19 March 2017, 2:33AM
    Steve29 said:

thank you for bringing this to my attention Steve, this is a deal breaker for me so I will keep watching for clarification. If I have to block my box at router level just to remain private then I may as well just use freeview. And altering my setting (by removing the option) is just downright wrong. Really hoping this option to remain private is returned and this was just an oversight like all the other things that went missing in this 'upgrade'.
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:18AM
    Steve29 said:

Of course if YouView had removed the data sharing option without hiding the change behind a major software upgrade the reason for removing it would have been obvious. Incorporating Cloud connectivity now gives YouView unlimited cheap data storage of the most detailed viewer information. What next? law enforment agences requesting YouView data cross referenced to individuals STBs serial number,  to prove the accused wasn't in watching Corry?
    First, Cell phone data surveillance, next ANPR, then smart power meters, now YouView?  
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:31AM
    Steve29 said:

Absolutely paranoid. The police or the government won't be concerned about what your watching on TV. Next your going to try to tell me they will haul people in front of the courts for missing EastEnders.
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:43AM
    Steve29 said:

Hi Ben, I wish i had your faith that the private data option removal was only an oversight,
    and i might too if it wasn't for adding "the Cloud" connectivity.
    Software updates can be done and is done daily by any medium size server.
     Using "The Cloud" is complete overkill, therefore must be a lie, and a lie is used to hide the truth.
    edited 19 March 2017, 2:34AM
    Steve29 said:

for me personally it is a matter of principle, they do not have my permission to take or to store such details. I chose to opt out of sharing this information for very good personal reasons. To remove the option and my opt out choice is just wrong.
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:47AM
    Steve29 said:

Hi Daniel, they will be if you are in court and part of your defence is that you drove home via the M25 and ANPR shows you didn't, and that you then watched Corry at home, and YouView data showed you didn't.
    It's another hit on Civil Liberties.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 1:29AM
    Steve29 said:

Its ANPR which will then be continued by inner city surveillance cameras following you on the road. And they can do that right now, by the way.
    For those that don't know, ANPR is an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system that is used every time one decides to hit the road. Or another car.
    Its a lot like a DASH Cam, only far more intrusive.
    But don't get me started on a Store Cards data retrieval. I'd never shut up! 
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 608 ✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:06PM
    Steve29 said:

I agree with Ben on this, whilst I have nothing to hide - I'm that boring - it's the principle.
  • WSen90WSen90 Member Posts: 4
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:25AM
    Couple more improvement suggestions:

Please can we have a timer when we rewind live TV to let us know how far behind live TV we have gone in seconds, minutes and hours.

The icon that comes up in the bottom left corner when we rewind, pause, play etc. in a dark black/blue box I personally don't think looks aesthetically pleasing. Why not overlay the icons with a transparent background rather putting them in a box?

Thank you.
  • AJFAJF Member Posts: 7
    edited 19 March 2017, 7:12PM
    NickH said:

In January I bought a Humax FVP-4000T to replace a Sony SVR-HDT1000 that had developed a HDMI fault. I returned it after a week because in my opinion the UI was unusable. It was slow, required too many button presses, and focused on looking fancy rather than being slick to use. I then spent £200 on a Humax DTR-T2000 and have been happy with it. Last night it received the 27.46.0 update (I don't always keep it connected to the internet). I am really annoyed by what Humax/YouView have done to my box. I agree with all the complaints above, especially the problem with the Recordings screen. Yesterday I had an easy to read list of recordings, today I have a rubbish screen full of pictures with truncated names.

I accept that there is absolutely no chance of being able to revert to the old software, so is there any news as to when the awful 27.46.0 software will be updated to something that is actually usable?

I think I need to investigate whether I have any legal right to a refund. The box is far from being the one I bought less than 2 months ago.

@Dave Manford

Dave could you let me know how you get along with Richer Sounds and returning said item for refund. I am in a similar position to you having purchased from them a T2000 in October 2015 to replace a Microsoft Media Centre setup.

Currently I am exploring a completely alternative solution involving Kodi, Raspberry Pi3 and a Synology NAS which is already up and running. Assuming I could obtain a refund from Richer Sounds the net outlay for my new solution would be circa £130.

Bizarrely I should thank YouView for this "cock up" as it has acted as an incentive for me to create a better solution and one I have full access to the actual recordings files and am back in control of my TV viewing, rather than a black box solution.

The latest missives about them potentially monitoring your viewing habits (with no opt out) is the final straw for me ....

Regards

Alan

• James RamsdenJames Ramsden Member Posts: 3
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:22PM

Wow - had been waiting with hopeful anticipation for the update, and then it appeared this morning - great thinks I: new shiny stuff! Oh dear. Oh very dear.

TL;DR - the recording/scheduled program listings are horrible - you've lost features and made the UI for managing any sizeable collection much worse. Plus there are navigation disconnects, missing features and AFAICS no killer new feature. Advice to others - stop your box updating if you have a chance, wait for a few months and hope they fix this mess.

Update process was nice and slick, no data appears lost, slick intro video with what looks like a new timeline bar. Then it comes time to use it...

So let's try the guide first - hmm look pretty similar, lots of info, but have lost the mini-channel view which makes a massive disconnect between audio still playing but not having a visible picture (the transparent background *doesn't* count as a picture - so deeply faded and re-coloured that until I found the setting to turn it off I hadn't noticed it was on). Navigation around the guide was ok.

Now my recordings - hmm, one more button press to get to the list and then - WTF? A garbled mess of pictures placed too close to each other. No obvious order from big tile to little tile - no reason for big tile - last recorded? So what - and on page 2->N why is there a big tile? Can't properly see the titles of recording, can't see how many recordings in a series. Page button feels wrong way around too - not sure why but 'up' on listing pages should be page - and 'down' page +, hard to justify with a left/right interface, but definitely feels wrong.

Once I do find the recording I want to watch, somewhere on page 2, the selection then lays over a whole new screen to show the episode list. Pick episode + watch program. Is it me or does jumping forward leave the timeline bar on screen for much longer? And didn't it used to animate away rather than just disappearing? Maybe just that it is taking up more space (for no extra info) now.

Finish record and am back out to the picture list - press delete to get rid of the episode just watched and bang - prompted to delete whole series. WTF2? You can't pop us back up the navigation stack and extra level like that. So I had to dig into the series, select the right episode and delete it - more work, no benefit. [And the symbols for Delete and Lock episode don't match anything on my remote - can figure out that the DEL buttons deletes, but no idea what I need to press for Lock]

Let's have a look at scheduled recordings (the select between the two areas is better at the top than bottom +1 point there). Arghh! More picture mess - and with the old problem of a double entry for a new series record it looks even worse - daft big tile at 1 per page here as well. Why? What purpose does that emphasis provide on a dynamic page such as page 2 of next recordings?

The picture tiles all feel too tightly packed together too - which makes visually separating them even harder, but that's like discussing an ingrowing toe nail on a gangrenous leg.

Let's have a look at the 'Players and Apps' menu entry that has gained emphasis by now being what I need to skip over when getting to MyTV - Arrgh - my eyes! Put some space between the logos please! You must understand how hard it is to separate the images when they are pixel packed and blend into each other? Not like there are so many you are short of space - and having mentioned that why bother with a whole other page for the 'Apps' (you know - all three of them). And Mr. Big Tile didn't get an outing here??

Settings - err, yeah. Old one wasn't great was it, but a top level of over large icons that flow out of the page isn't a lot better than the previous carousel. Individual pages seem a bit slower to open, but meh - shouldn't need to be in the settings anyway if the system works well.

Mini-guide for MyTv - found this, nice linear list of programs - could solve the horrible picture wall, and you get the current TV behind - whoops: appears to not acknowledge series recordings and just play the latest episode.... joy. Oh and it's limited to just the most recent recordings, not all.

In summary this update appears to be have been designed by someone who doesn't really use one of these boxes. They've certainly not got an extensive library of recordings, with multiple episodes of multiple series. They are seriously lacking in UX design knowledge too - bad navigation paths, more button presses needed to get to key areas, navigation stack breakages too.

Performance of on box operations doesn't seem to have improved either, and the whole UI still looks like it is designed for a small screen running at 720p rather than a big 1080p screen - overly large boxes/images - which are often then crashed right into each other as well.

Oh and releasing without 'hide channel' - WTF3? How hard can that be to add in? What sort of crazy build schedule had that as 'sod it, ship this and we'll fix it later'???

Let's hope the promised 'we can upgrade this quickly' now comes to fruition and some of the damage can be undone. Would be even better if any new feature that justified the change would appear....

Final thought: Foisting this on people as a fait accompli without the option to revert is grim. What % of your user base will have even heard this update was happening? I'm the sort of geek that fills in registration forms and follows this stuff, but I bet for 90%+ the first they'll know about is there box has irreversibly changed.

Hello - my first post - after a long perusal of comments re the 27.46.0 update - I too am dissatisfied with many of the changes...

I have a concern that I have not seen reported by anyone else on this forum.
    Loss of the option to manually retune channels.

Since the update, I noticed more problems with (what I think are called) artefacts - short periods of pixellation and mangling of sound.
    However, I believe that this was triggered not by the update but by my retuning channels (in order to get a missing channel).

In the past, I have solved the artefacts problem by retuning channels manually so that I was able to choose the transmitters that I had found to work best, as opposed to those that the system thought best.
    Manual retuning seems now not to be available - if that's correct, the quality of TV that I watch will be adversely affected some of the time on some channels. It caused deep anguish during last weekend's 6 Nations matches, or maybe that was caused by the result.
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:28PM

Wow - had been waiting with hopeful anticipation for the update, and then it appeared this morning - great thinks I: new shiny stuff! Oh dear. Oh very dear.

TL;DR - the recording/scheduled program listings are horrible - you've lost features and made the UI for managing any sizeable collection much worse. Plus there are navigation disconnects, missing features and AFAICS no killer new feature. Advice to others - stop your box updating if you have a chance, wait for a few months and hope they fix this mess.

Update process was nice and slick, no data appears lost, slick intro video with what looks like a new timeline bar. Then it comes time to use it...

So let's try the guide first - hmm look pretty similar, lots of info, but have lost the mini-channel view which makes a massive disconnect between audio still playing but not having a visible picture (the transparent background *doesn't* count as a picture - so deeply faded and re-coloured that until I found the setting to turn it off I hadn't noticed it was on). Navigation around the guide was ok.

Now my recordings - hmm, one more button press to get to the list and then - WTF? A garbled mess of pictures placed too close to each other. No obvious order from big tile to little tile - no reason for big tile - last recorded? So what - and on page 2->N why is there a big tile? Can't properly see the titles of recording, can't see how many recordings in a series. Page button feels wrong way around too - not sure why but 'up' on listing pages should be page - and 'down' page +, hard to justify with a left/right interface, but definitely feels wrong.

Once I do find the recording I want to watch, somewhere on page 2, the selection then lays over a whole new screen to show the episode list. Pick episode + watch program. Is it me or does jumping forward leave the timeline bar on screen for much longer? And didn't it used to animate away rather than just disappearing? Maybe just that it is taking up more space (for no extra info) now.

Finish record and am back out to the picture list - press delete to get rid of the episode just watched and bang - prompted to delete whole series. WTF2? You can't pop us back up the navigation stack and extra level like that. So I had to dig into the series, select the right episode and delete it - more work, no benefit. [And the symbols for Delete and Lock episode don't match anything on my remote - can figure out that the DEL buttons deletes, but no idea what I need to press for Lock]

Let's have a look at scheduled recordings (the select between the two areas is better at the top than bottom +1 point there). Arghh! More picture mess - and with the old problem of a double entry for a new series record it looks even worse - daft big tile at 1 per page here as well. Why? What purpose does that emphasis provide on a dynamic page such as page 2 of next recordings?

The picture tiles all feel too tightly packed together too - which makes visually separating them even harder, but that's like discussing an ingrowing toe nail on a gangrenous leg.

Let's have a look at the 'Players and Apps' menu entry that has gained emphasis by now being what I need to skip over when getting to MyTV - Arrgh - my eyes! Put some space between the logos please! You must understand how hard it is to separate the images when they are pixel packed and blend into each other? Not like there are so many you are short of space - and having mentioned that why bother with a whole other page for the 'Apps' (you know - all three of them). And Mr. Big Tile didn't get an outing here??

Settings - err, yeah. Old one wasn't great was it, but a top level of over large icons that flow out of the page isn't a lot better than the previous carousel. Individual pages seem a bit slower to open, but meh - shouldn't need to be in the settings anyway if the system works well.

Mini-guide for MyTv - found this, nice linear list of programs - could solve the horrible picture wall, and you get the current TV behind - whoops: appears to not acknowledge series recordings and just play the latest episode.... joy. Oh and it's limited to just the most recent recordings, not all.

In summary this update appears to be have been designed by someone who doesn't really use one of these boxes. They've certainly not got an extensive library of recordings, with multiple episodes of multiple series. They are seriously lacking in UX design knowledge too - bad navigation paths, more button presses needed to get to key areas, navigation stack breakages too.

Performance of on box operations doesn't seem to have improved either, and the whole UI still looks like it is designed for a small screen running at 720p rather than a big 1080p screen - overly large boxes/images - which are often then crashed right into each other as well.

Oh and releasing without 'hide channel' - WTF3? How hard can that be to add in? What sort of crazy build schedule had that as 'sod it, ship this and we'll fix it later'???

Let's hope the promised 'we can upgrade this quickly' now comes to fruition and some of the damage can be undone. Would be even better if any new feature that justified the change would appear....

Final thought: Foisting this on people as a fait accompli without the option to revert is grim. What % of your user base will have even heard this update was happening? I'm the sort of geek that fills in registration forms and follows this stuff, but I bet for 90%+ the first they'll know about is there box has irreversibly changed.

The option to retune is still there - in "TV Channels", the first option in the Settings screen/menu
  • SieskaSieska Member Posts: 5
    edited 11 August 2017, 6:04PM
    An improvement that I'd find really useful would be the ability to have folders, so I could separate recordings by category e.g. films from series or hour programmes from 1/2 hr programmes
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:37PM
    Sieska said:

An improvement that I'd find really useful would be the ability to have folders, so I could separate recordings by category e.g. films from series or hour programmes from 1/2 hr programmes

Hi Sieska - it would seem doubtful YouView would add this general folders feature given it was first requested 4 years ago (see item 11 in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests) when YouView launched and all that was implemented was the series rollup folders. That said the new system is supposed to allow for more flexible and rapid development so perhaps tweaks like this could now come through (although nothing of great note has been seen over the first 4 months of next gen).
  • steve80153steve80153 Member Posts: 63
    edited 19 March 2017, 1:40PM
    Sieska said:

I doubt it too. It's a shame, because it's a good idea.