New update how to series record

Lee JonesLee Jones Member Posts: 2
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
Hi all. On the new update I've just set a recording but it doesn't say it's a series record or not. It didn't ask me if I wanted a series record it just the red dot next to it saying that it would record. Thanks all.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2017, 12:05AM
    As you don't say what the programme you Scheduled was, it is hard to be certain :-(

But the indication from what you describe is that the box thought it was a standalone programme and not part of a series
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2017, 12:05AM
    Roy1 said:

As you don't say what the programme you Scheduled was, it is hard to be certain :-(

But the indication from what you describe is that the box thought it was a standalone programme and not part of a series

It could be the first episode in a new series, which can be notorious for not being series marked by the channel. As you say, not really enough info.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    I agree with Roy here. Normally if the box picks up a series it presents a black box asking if you want a series or the single episode recording. The channel could very well have made a mistake with the data provided to the company who run the EPG. Please provide date time channel and name of program and either me or Roy will test it on our boxes as we both have next gen also.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2017, 4:25PM
    Hi Lee - At the risk of sounding like an echo, knowing the programme you tried to record would be really useful for us to help.

Also it sounds like you are recording in the Guide, but it's worth saying that if you press record when watching Live TV, it will record the current programme without offering recording options, if you press the record button again you'll be given the options to [Stop recording] [Record series] [Back].
  • Lee JonesLee Jones Member Posts: 2
    edited 22 March 2017, 9:03PM
    Hi guys. Sorry about not enough info. It was the new series of the Yorkshire vet. Cheers.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2017, 9:03PM
    Lee Jones said:

Hi guys. Sorry about not enough info. It was the new series of the Yorkshire vet. Cheers.

Sorry lee, thats still not enough info. Date, time and channel is required. Ta.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    I have just checked this there is a lot of repeats on my 5 and some showing on channel 5 there are two episode 1s showing over the next 7 days 1 from a old season showing on my 5 and 1 form a new season on channel 5 unfortunately all repeats that are not a episode 1 have series link data both the episode 1s don't which indicates a error with EPG data provided I'm hoping sanji when he returns tomorrow can send this error off to channel 5 so they can provide correct data. I'm not making any promises because they usually need the good data with enough time to make changes but its worth a ask channel 5 have done this on other series before and usually episode 2 or 3 has a Link on if not fixed and you can link at that point. This is a error in data received from channel 5.