Feature Idea: Series Tracking

PhilStationPhilStation Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Feedback
I am not sure whether others think it would be useful but I think it would be good to have a universal series tracking feature to complement the universal search.

For example, I "Follow" a show and when entering the Series Tracking menu, it would present a list of all the shows that i have "Followed" and present me with various lists such as:

- Latest Episodes - Displaying the most recent episodes of the show available to view on demand or within MyTV.

- Latest Broadcast - Displaying the shows available by date of broadcast.

- Upcoming Episodes - Self explanatory and would be useful to notify you of returning series

One of the main gripes I have with the so called Zapper boxes is the inability to keep track of shows without using the individual on demand apps. I think such an approach could significantly streamline access to our favourite shows, wherever they can be found.

Any one know if any apps that can offer similar functionality? All of those I have tried are a bit naff and are not well designed for such a purpose.

Comments

• SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 11:55PM
    Hi PhilStation,

Thanks for offering your suggestion. I'll pass that on to our product team. Personally I use a free app on the Google Play Store called TV Show Favs. Great app if you watch a lot of shows like me. Don't think it's on iOS though :/
  • drhowellsdrhowells Member Posts: 634 ✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 11:55PM
    I also use TV Show Favs and find it good for tracking shows. I also use TV Maze, but this is a website and not an App.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    And I now use this app since I seen the two posts thanks guys