Humax software update 27.46.0 - how to stop a recording once it's started?

MiaMia Member Posts: 4
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support

New software update appears to have lost the functionality to stop a recording when it has started??  Before, you would press the 'i' info button, Edit recording and then stop recording.  However with the new update, there doesn't appear an equivalent way to do this besides going to MyTV and pressing the delete button to delete the entire recording to stop it?!  Has this functionality been removed or am I missing something here - like other instructions how to do this with the new interface?  I would like YouView to put it back, please.

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    The feature you describe is part of action panel. Youview have confirmed it will return along with discovery and hide channels. Its unlikely to return until sometime after the current software rollout is finished.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Whilst you are watching the content, press the 'Rec' button again. A panel will then come up offering the options of -
    Stop recording
    Record series
    Back
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 2:11PM
    Visionman said:

Whilst you are watching the content, press the 'Rec' button again. A panel will then come up offering the options of -
    Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

Thanks for posting VM I didn't think on to post this. The way the op described was a action panel feature but it certainly don't matter what way its done as long as the op is able to do a function she wants to complete.
  • MiaMia Member Posts: 4
    edited 23 March 2017, 6:20PM
    Visionman said:

Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

Thanks Visionman.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.  How did you know that?  Is there a Help guide to using the new interface somewhere?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 6:49PM
    Visionman said:

Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

We have a video explaining recordings on our support site and some other videos that you might find helpful: https://support.youview.com/help-videos-user-guides
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2017, 7:14PM
    Visionman said:

Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

Top post Sanj.
    Mia>
    "Thanks Visionman.  That's exactly what I wanted to know.  How did you know that?  Is there a Help guide to using the new interface somewhere?"
    I've created a Recordings 'How To' help guide here -
    https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/how-to-use-read-the-recordings-page?topic-reply-list%5B...

Hope you find it useful.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • MiaMia Member Posts: 4
    edited 24 March 2017, 1:45PM
    Visionman said:

Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

Thanks Sanj and Visionman :).  Note to Sanj, maybe include in the recording video help guide the bit Visionman has written once a recording has started so the viewer can at least keep the part recording by pressing Rec button and you get that dialog box to stop recording.  I checked the help guide on recording and it doesn't mention it.  It only mentions stop recording for scheduled recordings and not for those which are in the middle of recording and you want to stop it and only keep the part recorded bit.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 March 2017, 4:15PM
    Visionman said:

Stop recording
    Record series
    Back

Thanks Mia, we'll bear that in mind the next time these videos are updated.