Just an alert for Scheduled recordings issue since new software launch

Charles HarcourtCharles Harcourt Member Posts: 2
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
Since the software upgrade some scheduled recordings just disappear and I end up with half a page of series records instead of the usual 3 pages, this has happened twice now. 
The fix seems to be to pull out the power lead, wait 20 seconds and then repower and they all reappear. (fix from my IT days)!

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March 2017, 7:57AM
    For you they do, but mine are fine.

Given the fix you employ, this sounds like a problem with your particular box.

A better fix may be, while not recording nor about to, to touch the On/Standby button/ring on the fascia of your box for just over 8 seconds and let it soft reboot.

This is the rather better controlled equivalent of your IT days fix, which even Windows 10 would find overly brutal these days :-)

If, after that, the problem still recurs, we have more drastic reboots to offer, but that still keep your recordings.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Hi Charles - This sounds like a bug we are investigating. Would you be able to send us a photo of your schedule page the next time this happens?

Could you also let us know your Box Make/Model and Software Versions? 
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March 2017, 7:53PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Charles - This sounds like a bug we are investigating. Would you be able to send us a photo of your schedule page the next time this happens?

Hi I'm getting issues with the page too. Next time I use my youview box I will send videos and picture footage by email to you guys.
    edited 30 March 2017, 2:10PM
    Sanj said:

Thanks Daniel
    edited 30 March 2017, 2:10PM
    Sanj said:

I have now sent the email. My box is a ultra HD box t4000. The video and pictures display the issue I'm having. There was 3 pictures and a 39 second video.
    edited 30 March 2017, 5:51PM
    Sanj said:

Thanks Daniel, we got the picture and videos and have passed them on.
    edited 30 March 2017, 7:34PM
    Sanj said:

Thanks. The video at first was in 3gp that my camera phone took. I converted it to mp4 to make sure you guys could actually view it as I obviously didn't know what software you would use to view it and I find 3gp not a very good file format for playing on a computer which it likely to be what you guys will play it on. Lastly I had to downgrade the quality a touch because originally it was too big to be attached to a email on gmail. It slowed me down a bit going through all this but it will be all worth it to see this issue fixed for myself and others.obviously these things take time but I'm certain you guys will sort this issue as soon as you can.
  • Charles HarcourtCharles Harcourt Member Posts: 2
    edited 5 April 2017, 11:36AM
    Thanks for the response, my box is a Humax DTRT2000, variant 84B07000, software version = 27.46.0, Component software = 3.1.148 (b4bd2e).