Just had my update

Jackie Dilligaf GreenJackie Dilligaf Green Member Posts: 1
edited 2 February 2018, 5:21PM in Feedback
Just had my update. When I wanted to watch one of my many recordings of one single programme, it was a simple 3 click matter to find one, then when watched, I could click stop and delete. Now, I have to find the programme, click on it then scroll through every single one to get to the oldest so I can watch it in order, which in tonights case is 75 recordings. I almost deleted the whole bunch after I watched the oldest because when I clicked stop, it took me straight back to the bulk view again! We need a way to either rollback to the old version or a new way of being able to simply click a few times to get to the oldest of a series record before I and probably many others, ditch this and buy one with a decent user interface.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2017, 7:34AM
    This issue, and several other UI howlers, are slated to be addressed by YouView in a later release.

But it will be a race between that and your level of tolerance as to whether you last the course.

The Humax FVP-4000T looks like the closest thing to a YouView box that isn't actually a YouView box.

But it comes in two coffee colours, instead of sensible black or silver, and one of the coffee colours appears to be so much less attractive than the other that you can get that one £50 cheaper than the £220 price of the other model :-)
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2017, 11:52AM
    Hi Jackie,

As Roy mentioned we are looking to bring improvements and features to MyTV. Our communications manager, Phil has responded to the feedback around MyTV in another thread. Feel free to give it a read.

The journey you've described to delete a recording is something that others have also fed back on and we are looking to address. 

Thanks for taking the time to feedback. We value your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant teams here. We'll post on the forum if there are any more updates. 
  • nick3nick3 Member Posts: 55
    edited 31 March 2017, 7:14PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Jackie,

As Roy mentioned we are looking to bring improvements and features to MyTV. Our communications manager, Phil has responded to the feedback around MyTV in another thread. Feel free to give it a read.

The journey you've described to delete a recording is something that others have also fed back on and we are looking to address. 

Thanks for taking the time to feedback. We value your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant teams here. We'll post on the forum if there are any more updates. 

its all very well saying its been passed on to be addressed but what customers and the public want is it fixed now not in 6 months time 
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2017, 11:40AM
    Sanj said:

Hi Jackie,

Representatives of YouView have stated that they can't make changes until the roll-out is complete, which is the end of June. I could be wrong, but it seems that when all the boxes have received the base software they will be able to make changes to all the boxes quickly, because they won't need to replace the base software every time that they make a change.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2017, 11:41AM
    Sanj said:

Hi Jackie,

Hi nick, I really do appreciate how you and our customers are feeling and I want to reassure you that our teams here are working on bringing improvements to MyTV. As we've mentioned before this is a top priority for us and we will update the forum when there is an update. 
  • nick3nick3 Member Posts: 55
    edited 31 March 2017, 7:14PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Jackie,

thank you jonesh really appreciate your help and thank you Sanj i appreciate your help but what people and members and the customers want to hear is when not we are working on as there seems to be alot of issues that need sorting and understand that prioritising which issue needs fixing first but i can not understand why youview had to mess with things that was not broke i was brought up to believe if its not broke dont fix it but it seems that all youview has done is shot them selfs in the foot or is it a case of we want to spy on the public