What happened to the world filter??

DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
I just noticed it appears to be gone I'm running next gen.

Comments

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    I can't work out what you're referring to? The only filter I can remember that hasn't been extensively covered already is the one that was in Search?
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2017, 3:12PM
    Stephen10 said:

I can't work out what you're referring to? The only filter I can remember that hasn't been extensively covered already is the one that was in Search?

On the original software there was a filter the one where you press the blue button to access labeled world. It had 3 foreign channels in it at the time was wondering if its been removed or if its a issue with my box and if it has been removed what filter you intend to move these channels too.

Many here know I have issues with the filters and I'm hoping this is not going to add to this.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Hi Daniel, there isn't an issue with your box, the World filter doesn't exist in the Next Gen categories.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2017, 4:13PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Daniel, there isn't an issue with your box, the World filter doesn't exist in the Next Gen categories.

Thanks
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2017, 5:27PM
    Sanj said:

https://youtu.be/82sdqzVomB8
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 April 2017, 11:52AM
    Daniel -  sometime ago TalkTalk offered quite a wide range of foreign language channels.
    Have a look at this: http://www.smarttvradar.com/14371/talktalk-youview-gets-new-foreign-language-channels/
    But they've since discontinued most of them.
    So the World filter used to be quite useful but is much less useful now.
    I suspect that this is why it's been discontinued.