update is awful old recordings library far better than stupid distracting tiles also a to z sort no

john howejohn howe Member Posts: 1
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
a to z search no longer available tiles are bloody distracting also delete turned into nightmare .i stopped needing stupid pictures when i leaned to read.searching multiple tiles bloody awful .why mend something that was not broken .how do i get old version back.

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2017, 7:40PM
    You bloody don't.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    As VM says old version is history. Can I just ask have you read the forum rules?
    edited 2 April 2017, 7:54PM
    Daniel4 said:

As VM says old version is history. Can I just ask have you read the forum rules?

Its fine Daniel. Its just a vent and no personal insults have been thrown. Which isn't allowed.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2017, 7:55PM
    Daniel4 said:

No problem I wasn't too sure. As I feel I can't offer anything else to this thread I won't post anything else here.
  • Alan WalkerAlan Walker Member Posts: 41
    edited 2 April 2017, 8:02PM
    Daniel4 said:

It would help if the first 'picture tile' was the same size as the other recorded tiles. It is taking about 4 of the  regular size tiles. Not sure why the last programme recorded has to be that size.
    edited 2 April 2017, 8:12PM
    Daniel4 said:

Its been fed back, Alan. In fact everything said on here has been fed back since the launch of NextGen. Lets hope YV take note. But the tiles are staying.
    edited 2 April 2017, 8:43PM
    Daniel4 said:

I've got used to the 'tiles' now....may eventually prefer to the old list system but the only thing I don't like is the BIG tile at the beginning of each page of recorded programmes or Scheduled programmes.
    edited 2 April 2017, 8:38PM
    Daniel4 said:

Thats also been fed back, with many commentators saying -
    "Whats it for?"
    "Whats its purpose?"
    "Look at all that space it takes up!"
    "Why is it on every page?"
    "OMG, its even on the schedules page" 
    "Does it actually do anything?"

Its ALL been fed back. :)
    edited 2 April 2017, 8:39PM
    Daniel4 said:

Thanks. Sorry I didn't see it on other posts yet!...due to the amount of them since the 'update'....sorry if I have repeated what has been said before.
    edited 2 April 2017, 9:07PM
    Daniel4 said:

No apology needed, Alan. As there have been that many posts on here since the launch of NextGen, many get missed. So you keep posting away. :)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2017, 11:10PM
    John Howe if you stopped needing pictures, why did you buy a device whose large purpose is to display pictures, moving ones, on your telescreen? :-)
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • Babs BukunolaBabs Bukunola Member Posts: 46
    edited 6 July 2017, 4:54PM
    As mentioned previously the "large" pupose of my pvr's  are that they are overall the best way to record digital radio channels
    - no internet needed 
    - remotes
    - you can live (as oppose to  record) pause in the middle of a play / sitcom
    - a small tv & pvr is  much cheaper than an internet radio that records 
    Again as I've mentioned previously besides the purely generically poor functionality of the tile kaleidoscope and my aged eyes , the fact that there's no obvious image to associate with a radio programme makes them even worse to use.
    And as someone else has mentioned previously they (and subsequently I) suspect that those who refuse to aknowledge the tiles illegibilty are not trying to decipher them ,and the highlighting / selected box / indicator halo (not sure the proper term) on a 19" tv
    edited 3 April 2017, 7:54AM

As mentioned previously the "large" pupose of my pvr's  are that they are overall the best way to record digital radio channels
    - no internet needed 
    - remotes
    Again as I've mentioned previously besides the purely generically poor functionality of the tile kaleidoscope and my aged eyes , the fact that there's no obvious image to associate with a radio programme makes them even worse to use.
    And as someone else has mentioned previously they (and subsequently I) suspect that those who refuse to aknowledge the tiles illegibilty are not trying to decipher them ,and the highlighting / selected box / indicator halo (not sure the proper term) on a 19" tv

Hi Babs

A current gripe with recorded radio programmes is that you can't fast forward through them which, coupled with the current inability to Skip To a certain minute, leaves only the ordinary skip as a way of going forward speedily,
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2017, 4:44PM
    Hi guys, 

There's no problem posting feedback that has already been fed back. We're keen to hear what everyone thinks. Thanks for taking the time to post guys. 

John - We are sorry you feel that way, it's not possible to downgrade the software back to Original YouView. We're committed to improving Next Gen and have taken all the feedback into consideration. Good and bad.

You may not have seen it but our Communications and Support Manager, Phil has responded to the feedback on MyTV saying that bringing improvements to MyTV is a top priority. Have a read if you'd like.

Alan / Babs - Thanks for your feedback also, all feedback is passed on internally here. The ordering and amount of content displayed in MyTV is also something Phil has mentioned as one of our priorities. We'll update the forum when we have an update.
  • Babs BukunolaBabs Bukunola Member Posts: 46
    edited 3 April 2017, 7:02PM

- no internet needed 
    - remotes

Don't I know it  Roy  but this was also the case before the update (unless I had a duff one). We  radio PVRers have got used to being overlooked - in that there are many viewing features that don't work for listening , in addition to the ff you mentioned 2 immediately spring to mind
    -searching for ' on demand '  is universally absent and live pause usually absent.
          What is worse I have learnt from bitter experience that manufacturers' public face don't know or don't care. Starting from around 2005 my 1st pvrs were a Topfield, then humax, then tvonics. All had radio live pause and ff so I assumed it was routine.  My 2nd, later model tvonics did not. The shop replaced it assuming it was faulty, replacement Was assured both functions should work for tv and radio. Lost faith, returned for refund  only to eventually receive email reply stating those functions were not available for radio.  
    Sellers and makers can't be trusted to give the right info, reviewers NEVER investigate radio functions so for many years I have never bought a new pvr without going through the whole radio recording and playback routine in the store myself.
    Which is why , having gone to these lengths well under a year ago , it's even more annoying to have found a satisfactory box now rendered barely usable.
    On the upside disconnecting from the internet has , as you predicted , got rid of all images . No search/on demand at all but tile illegibility's reduced 
    edited 3 April 2017, 8:58PM

- no internet needed 
    - remotes

Hi Babs

I don't record a lot of radio, but I do capture Bob Harris Country on BBC Radio 2 on Thursdays.

And I wish it could capture the video images you see on the screen watching live, but for some technical reason it can't.