Update "Black Hole"

opensourcederryopensourcederry Member Posts: 7
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support
Hi all,

I am a BT Youview customer and have a BT extra room sub for which I am using a Talk Talk DN370T for the extra sub.  The DN370T was supplied by Talk Talk when I used to be a customer.

My main BT Box DTR-T2100 has upgraded to the new look Youview ok and is fine.

My ex Talk Talk box is stuck on the old look software and according to this website the new look rollout for these boxes is complete.  I've tried a factory reset etc but no joy.  The menus are branded BT as normal etc but it is still the old software.

So I am stuck in an upgrade 'Black Hole / Limbo' in that it is a Talk Talk supplied box no longer used on Talk Talk anymore and BT seem to be only concerned about their own boxes which is understandable.   And it can't be classed as 'retail' as it was supplied by an ISP.

Have Youview any formal upgrade plans for these 'orphan' boxes?

Thanks

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Even though your on BT now you stay on talk talks update schedule with this box as it came from them. Unfortunately the 370t has not been updated to next gen yet. I just looked at the update website and the update it is reported as complete is for youview classic software not next gen.
  • Malcolm Nichol2Malcolm Nichol2 Member Posts: 9
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    What is BT update schedule I have a BT 2100 still no update? Do I need to do anything other than wait?????
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2017, 11:40AM

What is BT update schedule I have a BT 2100 still no update? Do I need to do anything other than wait?????

BT are in the middle of rollout now its a bit more complex if you bought it retail as at the minute they have only announced the updates for the ones supplied to pay customers. They hope to finish rollout by June if all goes according to plan.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2017, 9:44AM

"Do I need to do anything other than wait?"

No. The rollout schedule is here:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions
  • Malcolm Nichol2Malcolm Nichol2 Member Posts: 9
    edited 8 April 2017, 11:40AM

Thanks