History channel sd EPG error

DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
The history channel is missing the programs it broadcasts between 6am and 8 am. In its place it lists this is history. This is a error this error effects the standard definition channel only.

The HD channel has the correct listings its just SD that has this problem. As I have the HD channels this error don't effect me because I watch in high definition where available and obviously view history channel HD which has correct listings.

If possible might be worth fixing the error for customers who only have the standard definition channels on there account/ subscription.

I just thought I would flag this before someone else is compiling about it.

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    I decided to cut you guys a break especially after all the effort put into the sky sports EPG data errors. I have emailed the broadcaster of history directly. Let's hope they make arrangements to sort out the error. Make no mistake though don't mistake my kindness for weakness this is one time thing I have no intention to be emailing broadcasters all the time. Its obviously BT/talk talk/youview who should make sure the EPG is correct. As they only got the email 5 minutes ago I think history channel deserve a chance to sort this out. I will post back in 7 days if its not fixed.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 March 2017, 8:10PM
    Daniel4 said:

I decided to cut you guys a break especially after all the effort put into the sky sports EPG data errors. I have emailed the broadcaster of history directly. Let's hope they make arrangements to sort out the error. Make no mistake though don't mistake my kindness for weakness this is one time thing I have no intention to be emailing broadcasters all the time. Its obviously BT/talk talk/youview who should make sure the EPG is correct. As they only got the email 5 minutes ago I think history channel deserve a chance to sort this out. I will post back in 7 days if its not fixed.

Your magnanimity is outstanding, Daniel.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 March 2017, 8:10PM
    Daniel4 said:

ROFL.
    Unfortunately A+E networks who own history channel ignored my email so can youview please step in and ask them to correct there epg. Thanks
    Unfortunately this error is still present a further email to the channel owner has been ignored. This is unlikely to get fixed unless youview step in. I did try but not much I can do if the channel owner ignores me. It gives the impression that they don't care.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2017, 11:06AM
    Daniel4 said:

Unfortunately this error is still present a further email to the channel owner has been ignored. This is unlikely to get fixed unless youview step in. I did try but not much I can do if the channel owner ignores me. It gives the impression that they don't care.

Hi Daniel, Apologies for picking this one up late. We've passed it on to our Content Team and will update when we know more. 
    This is still not fixed looks like history channel owners could not care a less. Shame you can't just use the listings​ you get for the hd channel minis the hd programming tags
    Forgot to tell you sanji this error has finally been rectified. A bit slower then sky sports but I imagine its been a busy time in youview towers with the rollout of next gen and people complaining.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 April 2017, 10:54AM
    Daniel4 said:

Forgot to tell you sanji this error has finally been rectified. A bit slower then sky sports but I imagine its been a busy time in youview towers with the rollout of next gen and people complaining.

Thanks for letting us know Daniel. Glad it is resolved :)