Welcome to our new Forum Community Manager

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Announcements
Hi everyone, 

We are very excited to introduce Sarah to the team who will be our new Community Manager. Sarah will be helping out day-to-day with all viewer queries, feedback and general house-keeping on the forum.

Sarah will be stepping into Sanj's shoes to help out and make sure the forum continues to be a great place for feedback and discussion.

Sarah is raring to go, so please give her a warm welcome.  

Phil

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,944Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Is sanj leaving or will there be two now?
  • SarahSarah Posts: 982Administrator admin
    edited 20 April 2017, 12:44PM
    Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I will be managing the online community here at YouView. I’ll be around to help with any queries or issues you encounter, update/create help articles and also track forum posts and pass on your feedback back to the relevant teams to further improve the product and service. I’ll be monitoring the threads and posts on this forum however if there’s something which you want me to check or keep an eye on, feel free to email us and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

As a bit of background from me, I have been in the community management and support field for a few years, starting off with forum/social media based community groups for games before moving on to doing community management for a mobile telecoms company and then onto player support for a competitive gaming company. Things which are gaming, baking, sewing, movie, dogs and tea related are all good in my books! 

• KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 20 April 2017, 12:44PM
    Sanj is a tough act to follow having given almost 4 years of great service to this community.

Best wishes to Sarah in the Community Manager role, and good luck to Sanj in his new position and with new challenges elsewhere within YouView :)
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,079Member ✭✭
    edited 20 April 2017, 2:42PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I will be managing the online community here at YouView. I’ll be around to help with any queries or issues you encounter, update/create help articles and also track forum posts and pass on your feedback back to the relevant teams to further improve the product and service. I’ll be monitoring the threads and posts on this forum however if there’s something which you want me to check or keep an eye on, feel free to email us and I’ll get back to you ASAP!

As a bit of background from me, I have been in the community management and support field for a few years, starting off with forum/social media based community groups for games before moving on to doing community management for a mobile telecoms company and then onto player support for a competitive gaming company. Things which are gaming, baking, sewing, movie, dogs and tea related are all good in my books! 

• scottscott Posts: 1,890Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 April 2017, 11:28AM

Welcome Sarah and best wishes Sanj.

There is nothing like being dropped head first into the deep end :-)

edited 20 April 2017, 10:01AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey everyone,

I heartily approve of this image, thanks Jim! 
    edited 20 April 2017, 10:02AM
    Keith1 said:

Sanj is a tough act to follow having given almost 4 years of great service to this community.

Best wishes to Sarah in the Community Manager role, and good luck to Sanj in his new position and with new challenges elsewhere within YouView :)

Thanks a lot Keith :) 
  • alal Posts: 1,291Member ✭✭
    edited 20 April 2017, 11:28AM
    Good luck to both Sarah and Sanj, those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

:-)
    Well it does sound like sanj is leaving the forums from what's been posted. Well obviously I still hope he posts from time to time.

Obviously the regulars and myself will be welcoming to Sarah but Sarah you have a tough job at the minute with a lot of users complaing about next gen.

So I will say welcome Sarah but you have got your work cut out for you.

I assume it will be yourself answering future emails at the community email address now I take it.
    edited 20 April 2017, 10:11AM
    Daniel4 said:

Well it does sound like sanj is leaving the forums from what's been posted. Well obviously I still hope he posts from time to time.

Obviously the regulars and myself will be welcoming to Sarah but Sarah you have a tough job at the minute with a lot of users complaing about next gen.

I assume it will be yourself answering future emails at the community email address now I take it.

Also best wishes to sanj
  • Andrew CAndrew C Posts: 47Member
    edited 21 April 2017, 8:12AM
    It is only polite to say Welcome, and hope you all the success possible in this role.

Now...... where did I put that very long list of issues.......  lol
    edited 20 April 2017, 10:51AM
    Daniel4 said:

Hey Daniel, thanks for the welcome!

Sanj is moving onto a different role within YouView so he will still be around, just not within our team. I'll be the main person dealing with any emails you or anyone else send into the community inbox so feel free to drop an email in there if there's anything you wish to discuss there :) 
  • momistmomist Posts: 139Member
    edited 21 April 2017, 8:12AM
    Good luck Sarah, and keep your tin hat handy!
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,813Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome Sarah, and kudos to Sanj on his new role!

I hope they let you wear your own shoes tomorrow, which will be more comfy, and Sanj won't have to go round barefoot like today :-)
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,184Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 April 2017, 9:38AM
    Welcome Sarah and congrats to Sanj.
  • edited 24 April 2017, 6:32AM
    Welcome Sarah. You have a job on here. Should calm down though when the missing features are returned.
    edited 21 April 2017, 11:08AM
    Roy1 said:

I hope they let you wear your own shoes tomorrow, which will be more comfy, and Sanj won't have to go round barefoot like today :-)

Can confirm, I am wearing my own shoes today :D 
    edited 21 April 2017, 9:49AM
    Roy1 said:

I have to say I have been liking your approach to the management of the community so far.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 1,993Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 April 2017, 10:14AM
    Welcome Sarah, and good luck to Sanj. It's fortunate that we have such an open and approachable team at Youview.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,789Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 April 2017, 10:14AM
    Belatedly echoing the sentiments already expressed, with a warm welcome to Sarah and very best wishes to the redoubtable Sanj.