t1000 box lost internet and is so slow

davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support

A few days ago my humax box lost the internet and is so slow also when I switch the box on I get a message on the screen saying something about my password is incorrect . I don't know how to post a picture and am hoping you guys can help thanks

Comments

• AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 15
    edited 24 April 2017, 9:22PM
    Hi,

Sorry you are experiencing an issue could you please confirm how you are connecting the device to the internet? Is it a direct Ethernet connection to your router or power line adaptors? A power line adapter would most likely have 3 lights on it or more.
    Thanks
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
  • davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Thanks for the quick replies lads it is connected via a powerline adpatorimage
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2017, 9:21AM
    davidw said:

Thanks for the quick replies lads it is connected via a powerline adpatorimage

Have you attempted a soft reboot by holding the power button on the box for 8 seconds or a maintenance mode reset? Try a reboot of your router and powerline adapters before the reset. You could also try to wire the box directly to the router even if just temporary just to try and see if it's a issue with the box or the powerline adapters.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2017, 7:05PM
    davidw

That message Is not from the YouView box. The question is - what is it from?

Interestingly, it is word for word the text quoted in:-

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.p....

so I think it is coming from a TP-Link router, though not necessarily exactly the model quoted.

Do you have a TP-Link router by any chance?

If so, you need to go into your router settings to resolve this.

The usual reason this sort of thing happens is that you set a nice easy or familiar password instead of the router default one it arrives with, which is on a label on the router usually. And then the router gets Factory Reset, reverts to that default, and all your wifi devices are suddenly using the 'wrong' password, as here.

Could that be the case?

If so, you will know what to do.

If not, then you may wish to contact TP-Link support; or possibly just to do what the message suggests, now we know where it is coming from.

If you do contact TP-Link support, it may be worth suggesting that when their devices put out messages, something more specific than 'this device' might better show where the message is coming from :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin
    edited 25 April 2017, 2:40PM
    Hey David,

As Roy has suggested here, we believe this is a router connection issues where the router and the box aren't communicating correctly. Please try what Roy has suggested to see if it works and let us know if it does/doesn't :)

In the mean time, we've raised this with our Test team for further investigation.
  • davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
    edited 26 April 2017, 9:25AM
    Thanks all a big thanks to Roy and welcome Sarah it was indeed the tp link extender it seems ok now just a quick question did the box slow down because it wasn't connected to the net?
    edited 25 April 2017, 10:14PM
    Hi,

Glad you got it all fixed. The box should not have slowed down due to not having internet connectivity.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,456 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 April 2017, 9:24AM
    Albert said:

Hi,

Glad you got it all fixed. The box should not have slowed down due to not having internet connectivity.

Ummm, I think NextGen might.

It has to go looking in the cloud for tile images and such things, and each such access may need to timeout before the box can proceed.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 25 April 2017, 10:14PM
    Albert said:

Hi,

Oh ok cool, you learn something new everyday I guess