Series link not working ?

2»

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 April 2017, 6:55PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Can you please let me know if you are a BT or TalkTalk customer and also the series and episode number which you are trying to start the series record on?

Unfortunately not youview haven't announced it yet but there is no reason it won't be eventually.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 May 2017, 7:58AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Can you please let me know if you are a BT or TalkTalk customer and also the series and episode number which you are trying to start the series record on?

FWIW, Series handling drives off an identifier called a Series Crid which the broadcaster should be adding to the data stream, and not off the time, nor off the programme title.

There is, I believe, no suggestion that YouView boxes are handling Series Crids incorrectly.

This being the case, it is up to the broadcaster to set their Series Crids correctly in order that Series be recorded as expected.

It would be of very considerable benefit if YouView boxes could expose the Crids they are looking for to Schedule on, and the Crid for the programme, and the Series where applicable, of any programme, on user request.

Then we will not be totally reliant on those YouView users who also own a more capable PVR in order to obtain these details.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • Simmy SarkariaSimmy Sarkaria Member Posts: 110
    edited 27 April 2017, 9:07AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Well it's been "acknowledged" so let's hope it's sorted soon.

Series link works perfectly on BBCs rip off britain, can't be a problem with the box then.
  • Dan DanDan Dan Member Posts: 56
    edited 28 April 2017, 8:54AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

I have a similar problem in that my box will not series record on ITV1. Also it will not let me delete a series record on ITV1. And strangely it's just Doctor Who on BBC1 that I cant delete from series record. My box is a T4000 and running 27.50.0
    Any advice or just wait?
    edited 28 April 2017, 9:48AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

I'm now on 27.50.0 and cannot see any difference ?
    From what i've learnt, it could be a problem with the broadcasters end. Im not expert though,
    edited 28 April 2017, 9:53AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

@Simmy Sarkaria  I've had this problem several days and after rebooting, re-scanning channels, I checked via the box to update the version and apps...hey presto 27.50.0 loaded. 

The annoying thing is it won't let me cancel a series record of Emmerdale (don't ask) even though it says "...Emmerdale will no longer be recorded..." but it records every episode limiting the recording choices.

Any news from YV or the mods?
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,603 admin
    edited 28 April 2017, 9:44PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Hey everyone,

I've had a chat with Content regarding this issue so can share some info regarding this :) 

Content providers/broadcasters assign a series ID to a set of episodes which they identify as a series. This isn't always necessarily a series 1, series 2 etc type format and can be different depending on things such as the time slot or broadcaster theme. Some channels have themed episode series, for example, if E4 were to air something like the Top 10 best episodes of Big Bang Theory, that could be a series theme so the viewer could record the full series of this theme if they wanted to. 

In the situation with Simmy's recordings, it looks like the Content provider assigned different IDs to batches of episodes so, for example, the 8am episode of Mythbusters is marked as a different ID as the 4pm episode of Mythbusters on the same day. This appears to have been the same case with Daniel's recording for 'Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!'. 

If you want to record every episode of Mythbusters, the best thing to do is search for the programme, selecting On Now & later, and then scrolling across to see which episodes have the red recording R on them. For those which don't, they will be part of a different series ID so you will need to select one of these episodes to series record. This may result in some episodes being repeated as they might have a repeat of the one episode at different time slots however this will at least mean that you will be able to record all the episodes which are airing :) 

Simmy - We can't look into Pick as this is a Sky channel, however if you want it looked into further, we suggest that you contact Sky and they will hopefully be able to find out the reason for you. 

Dan Dan - I've noticed that there's a lot of Emmerdale repeats showing in different time slots on ITV1, ITV1 HD, ITV2, ITV+1 and ITV2 +1. It may be that you have one of the series records from one of these channels or a different time slot still set to record. Can you do a quick search for Emmerdale and scroll through all the On Now & Later and check to see if there are any red R's on any other episodes? 
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 3:17PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

It's just seamed odd to me because it was a brand new episodes link I appreciate though it's a bit of a old issue now though.
    edited 28 April 2017, 4:50PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Hi Sarah, thanks for the explanation.

My Emmerdale problem is that my wife at some point set a series record and I just can't stop it recording. They're always on the two evening time slots on ITV1 HD.
    If I go to the guide and try to cancel it, the on screen message says "...Emmerdale will no longer be recorded..." but the red record icon remains and it will record.

If I go to MyTV recording schedule and try to cancel it that way, I can appear to delete it from there, but when I come back into it again it reappears.

I'll try what you suggest when I get home but I think something is corrupted (or a bug) as it won't let me series record anything else on ITV1HD
    edited 28 April 2017, 4:50PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Sounds like a job for a soft reset, or a Maintenance Mode Reset.

While not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button/ring on the fascia of the box for just over 8 seconds, until it (non-destructively) soft resets itself.

See if that clears the Emmerdale issue.

If not, try Option 2 and/or 4 in Maintenance Mode. These will clear everything except your recordings, so should get rid of any Schedules.

Though I am told that Schedules come back from the cloud or someplace similar, which may not be what you want.

But if the MM reset straightens your box out, they might then become deletable.

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...

Ensure you use the procedure for your particular box, as the can all differ slightly.

Again, let us know how you get on.

Schedule/recording problems, I have to say, will sometimes only respond to an MM 5, which clears off all your recordings; but this is a last resort, and we hope it won't come to that.
    edited 28 April 2017, 6:25PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Thanks Sarah, that's what i've had to do, Search for the programme and then record all the ones that i want. Better than nothing i supose, but it would be great if series link worked as it should.
    edited 28 April 2017, 6:32PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

@Roy... Thanks for the advice.

I'm home now and managed to delete all future scheduled recordings except the one due on at 7pm with a series record symbol on it.
    Before I "go nuclear" I'll let the box get this one recording off its chest, and see if it has resolved its confusion. If not I'll run through your routine.
    edited 29 April 2017, 9:13AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Let me start by saying AAAAAH! It doesn't help but feeling better now.
    I've come to the conclusion that this must be the "total entertainment" package offered by BT /YouView as it certainly is occupying me engaging with the box, but not necessarily watching any programmes.

Picking up on my own troubles, Emmerdale recorded last night then the non removable series link disappeared. So far so good.

I tried to series link Coronation Street on ITV1HD and it wouldn't do it. Then tried to series link BGT and it let me. I then tried to delete the series link of BGT and it wouldn't let me.
    When I went to MyTV, there was one BGT tile with a thumbnail and a blank tile next to it. When I pressed the info button it pops up with the synopsis for BGT.
    Photo attached.

edited 29 April 2017, 11:30AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Oh dear - it does look like your Recordings and Schedules capability has got corrupted (think cross-linked files or corrupted FAT tables on a PC or laptop), which nothing short of the Factory Reset option in Settings ( = MM5) will clear :-(

So time to watch any recordings you want to before such a step, as the FR needs to clear all your recordings off :-(

Though I always suggest that anyone faced with this option first calls the YouView Helpline 0333 313 2278 to see if there is any better last-ditch advice they can offer.

And because I don't want their SO, if any, sticking pins only in an effigy of me :-)
    edited 29 April 2017, 12:43PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

You're suggesting they practice youview voodoo?
    edited 2 May 2017, 12:34PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

update on this problem for reference...

So I tried the two options to retain my recordings but still had the same problem.
    Finally went for maintenance mode 5 and tried again. (thanks Roy....sorry I mean Youview)

This time I could set individual and series recordings and delete them all barring ITV1 HD which was the main of the problem in the first place (ITV1 SD was OK)

If I tried to set a recording on this channel, the on screen message said words to the effect....we cant record this at the moment, please try again later.

Thinking this may be a server issue or still a retained flag in my box, I opened the search and entered "Emmerdale" and it duly displayed all upcoming episodes. I set a recording from here and then tried recording from the main guide again. Now everything works as it should.

I haven't a clue whats been going on the past week with this problem and only post this for reference if it aids diagnosis
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,603 admin
    edited 2 May 2017, 10:45AM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Morning Dan Dan,

Sorry to hear that you had to do Maintenance Mode 5 in order to get this working. Please keep us updated and let us know if this occurs again so we can look into this a bit further for you. 
    edited 2 May 2017, 9:11PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Yes, a known issue :-(

You can stop the next episode by deleting the Schedule entry and only reestablishing it when that episode and any scheduled repeats of it are past.

That's a pretty nadgery workaround, though :-(
    edited 2 May 2017, 9:11PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

Thanks roy, atleast youview can see the problems with the current firmware on here and hopefully they will take them on board.
    edited 6 May 2017, 8:16PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

It can't be a problem with my box as i replaced my dtrt4000 yesterday and it still hit and miss with series record
    edited 6 May 2017, 9:39PM
    Sarah2 said:

Hey again Simmy,

https://community.youview.com/youview...
  • Catherine JohnsonCatherine Johnson Member Posts: 2
    edited 7 May 2017, 3:54PM

Thanks joe, i've done a reset, and i even went into maintenance mode a did a factory restore.. still no luck

I have the same problem. One of the programs is Masterchef and definitely the same series. I've got a Hunax YouView box.
    edited 7 May 2017, 3:56PM

Thanks joe, i've done a reset, and i even went into maintenance mode a did a factory restore.. still no luck

Is it an ultra hd one ( dtrt4000 )