Thanks for a good update

Malcolm Nichol2Malcolm Nichol2 Member Posts: 9
edited 20 August 2017, 4:17PM in Feedback
Heard a lot of bad things about the updated software. Just received my BT update and all is working great. Much better thank you Youview.

Comments

• Ian MorrisonIan Morrison Member Posts: 6
    edited 7 May 2017, 8:40PM
    Good to see a positive review at last. Still waiting on our update
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭
    It's great that somebody likes it, and has taken the time to come and say so.

Stay tuned for even more improvements and enhancements over the coming months!
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭
    What Roy said.  :-)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:58PM
    Its nice to see a positive. Unusual to see such but welcome.
    That it needs a lot of improvement is undoubted, but will be addressed in the coming months.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • CegCeg Member Posts: 184
    edited 7 May 2017, 11:14PM
    Visionman said:

That it needs a lot of improvement is undoubted, but will be addressed in the coming months.

Hopefully
  • Malcolm Nichol2Malcolm Nichol2 Member Posts: 9
    edited 8 May 2017, 6:57AM
    No problem looking forward to see how the firmware develops.
  • NiggleNiggle Member Posts: 78
    edited 20 August 2017, 4:17PM
    I also like the new interface, although a few obvious issues (already mentioned elsewhere):

The number of keypresses needed to get back to the last partially-watched recording.
     - Display said recording as the first in the thumbnail row at the bottom of the MyTV screen.

The blue overlay that's displayed when pausing playback, plays havoc when watching subtitled recordings
     - Make it go away as soon as playback resumes, and make it smaller and/or put it at the top of the screen.

The ease with which an entire series of recordings can be deleted by accident.
     - At the end of playback, return to the recording that's just been played, not the top-level series.
     - Better still, offer to delete the recording if over 90% viewed.
  • Steven6Steven6 Member Posts: 20
    edited 8 May 2017, 10:22AM
    Visionman said:

Yeah it took me 5 months to get this "new" deplorable update so I can expect such a long wait for the update to this update. Lame.
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:44PM
    Visionman said:

There's always somebody has to piss in the soup, isn't there? :-(

Why couldn't you leave this thread as a little haven of positiveness, and go post your bile on any of the other 200-odd threads out there that would have admirably have served your purpose?
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • Steven6Steven6 Member Posts: 20
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:47PM
    Visionman said:

Duly noted. Let's all work together in a concerted effort to at least make it appear as if there are some positives on this forum.
    edited 8 May 2017, 12:58PM
    Visionman said:

Yes, let's.

Much better, given that someone has posted positively, than your unconcerted effort to make it appear there are none at all :-(