[Discussion] Humax software update 28.23.0

13»

Comments

• churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 15 May 2017, 1:11AM
    Visionman said:

I've been in a very dark mood about YV 2.0 for a while now. But I owe a YouView staffer an apology.
    Steven, I apologise. You got my bite, but it was me, not you. And you have my respect.
    And yes Roy, carousels are possible, and so are HTML5 graphics as well with this platform.
    So many options! But which will they take?
    DEEP THOUGHT....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLtcTZP2js 

"but the mood on here is very dark at the moment. Or just I am."

Understandably so, VM. Those who have doggedly supported YouView over many years - and you have been one of the chief stalwarts who has loyally done that - must feel a sense of betrayal (and I did consider whether that word was too strong, and decided it wasn't) You have put in many hours, contributed magnificently in all areas, and been a great positive ambassador for YouView over many years. I reached the same low point myself, and just backed off, as you know. I only came out of hibernation as Nextgen was about to escape. Rejuvenated by my break I was in a more positive optimistic mood, not all of which has evaporated. I still hope (perhaps naively) that, with the large influx of new members repeating exactly what we have been saying for so many years (largely ignored), YouView have finally realised that there is some merit in taking note of what we say, and, more importantly, acting on it. If we are to believe that the transfer to Nextgen makes the implementation of changes easier, then the proof of the pudding should be apparent within the next 3-4 months.

Personally I'll give it another 3-4 months before I decide nothing's really changed, at which point I'll spend my time more productively than being active on this forum.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 14 May 2017, 11:56PM
    Visionman said:

I've been in a very dark mood about YV 2.0 for a while now. But I owe a YouView staffer an apology.
    Steven, I apologise. You got my bite, but it was me, not you. And you have my respect.
    And yes Roy, carousels are possible, and so are HTML5 graphics as well with this platform.
    DEEP THOUGHT....

Oh - and nothing to forgive, VM - my reference WAS a bit obscure.... ;-)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2017, 12:34AM
    Visionman said:

DEEP THOUGHT....

CW, the YouView development teams badly dropped the ball here.
    Or their Management did.... yeah.
    I will still continue to support them, as do many others on here (and there are actually a lot). But I hope to god they don't do it again.
    Yeah, lets keep the ball this time eh guys. No question mark.
    Respect.
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
    edited 15 May 2017, 4:19PM
    I want to talk to Piers.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2017, 11:26AM
    Visionman said:

I want to talk to Piers.

With all your secret contacts that enable you to make definitive pronouncements like the one above, that shouldn't be hard..... :-)
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
    edited 15 May 2017, 3:39PM
    Visionman said:

I want to talk to Piers.

No no. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm only going off what Phil said on the Forum Feedback thread.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2017, 4:19PM
    Visionman said:

I want to talk to Piers.

Oh, I see. Not sure I took away quite the same message from what Phil said, but you may well be correct here.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited 17 May 2017, 5:15PM
    Just out of interest is there much difference between this retail 28.23.0 software bug fix update and the BT 27.50.0 update.

Darren
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,539 admin
    edited 17 May 2017, 9:18AM
    Darren2 said:

Just out of interest is there much difference between this retail 28.23.0 software bug fix update and the BT 27.50.0 update.

Darren

Morning Darren, 

There are no new features or added extras in this particular update, it was bought out to fix some small bugs. Are you still experiencing any particular bugs with the 28.23.0 update?
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited 17 May 2017, 8:49PM
    Darren2 said:

Darren

The minor bugs that I was having seem to have now been mostly fixed.

Darren