List view

John I DaviesJohn I Davies Posts: 2Member
edited 10 August 2017, 6:38PM in Feedback
Bring back List View. Picture view is annoying and hard to use

Comments

• BrianABrianA Posts: 6Member
    edited 10 August 2017, 6:38PM
    Couldn't agree more.  Also, shorten the period of time that the  info bar at the bottom of the screen lingers there, blocking subtitles, etc., for nearly seven seconds.
  • James FletcherJames Fletcher Posts: 14Member
    edited 4 June 2017, 12:17AM
    BrianA said:

Couldn't agree more.  Also, shorten the period of time that the  info bar at the bottom of the screen lingers there, blocking subtitles, etc., for nearly seven seconds.

Each feature should be customisable. EG linger time 0.5secs / 1 sec / 2 secs etc.
  • John I DaviesJohn I Davies Posts: 2Member
    edited 29 April 2017, 10:17AM
    No sign of Humax/Youview bringing back list view.
    Here's my old Tweets -
    In reply to YouView and 2 more
    johnidavies
    [email protected]
    Apr 18

What do @RNIB think, I wonder?

johnidavies
    johnidavies@YouView & @HumaxUK have gone quiet on recent GUI "upgrade". Horrible for most, hightmare for @ElDingoMartin & partially sighted REVERT!!

Time for another Tweet -
    Nothing from @YouView & @HumaxUK #bringbacklistview - time for @RNIB to pitch in?
  • warren prestonwarren preston Posts: 4Member
    edited 28 July 2017, 6:57PM
    Why do they do this without giving you the option to change it to list view. They have created something that is slower and harder to find your recordings just so it looks better at first I thought the whole new look was great until I tried to use it. It's becoming me harder to see what you need to find and is slower the guide crawls now
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,334Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 July 2017, 5:49PM
    Your comment may well explain the glaring disparity between the results of focus groups - 'it looks better, at first I thought the whole new look was great' and actual user reports - 'until I tried to use it'.

But it should not be slow in any way, except by dint of taking the user longer to scan perhaps. What model of box is it? What is it exactly that is slower?

Have you tried a soft reset - while not recording nor about to, press the On/Standby button/ring on the fascia of the box for just over 8 seconds, until it soft reboots.

This can improve things.

Then try the Recordings benchmark - position yourself on the top left tile on page 1 of the recordings, and press the right arrow for exactly ten seconds. How far through your recordings do you get?
    Off travelling for a while... internet patchy to non-existent....
  • WayneWayne Posts: 80Member
    edited 18 May 2017, 10:51AM
    Roy1 said:

Your comment may well explain the glaring disparity between the results of focus groups - 'it looks better, at first I thought the whole new look was great' and actual user reports - 'until I tried to use it'.

But it should not be slow in any way, except by dint of taking the user longer to scan perhaps. What model of box is it? What is it exactly that is slower?

Have you tried a soft reset - while not recording nor about to, press the On/Standby button/ring on the fascia of the box for just over 8 seconds, until it soft reboots.

This can improve things.

Then try the Recordings benchmark - position yourself on the top left tile on page 1 of the recordings, and press the right arrow for exactly ten seconds. How far through your recordings do you get?

For comparison, my T2100 travelled accross 36 tiles in 10 seconds.
    edited 18 May 2017, 11:07AM
    Roy1 said:

This can improve things.

My T1000, as I previously reported, traversed 27.

My T2000, like your T2100, got to the 36th tile.

I have no speed complaints with NextGen; do you?

Looks like we have ourselves a benchmark.
  • WayneWayne Posts: 80Member
    edited 18 May 2017, 11:23AM
    Roy1 said:

This can improve things.

On the whole I'm happy with the speed of NextGen. Certainly no complaints in comparison to OldGen!
  • J3J3 Posts: 8Member
    edited 3 June 2017, 11:22PM
    BrianA said:

I fully agree. I've sent a complaint about the update issues, took me a while to find an e-mail contact page, no suprise. You'd think a communications company would be very willing to communicate via e-mail , this is the page i used.
    bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5646
  • J3J3 Posts: 8Member
    edited 28 July 2017, 6:57PM

Why do they do this without giving you the option to change it to list view. They have created something that is slower and harder to find your recordings just so it looks better at first I thought the whole new look was great until I tried to use it. It's becoming me harder to see what you need to find and is slower the guide crawls now

Bad management and forethought it would be easy to give us the option i would have thought. If not then the box was not designed properly to start with.
  • SarahBSarahB Posts: 4Member
    edited 29 July 2017, 10:39PM
    I also want the old list view back. Much quicker and easier to see everything. And I want the latest recording first back. Hate this update.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,979Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2017, 7:26PM
    Sarah B said:

I also want the old list view back. Much quicker and easier to see everything. And I want the latest recording first back. Hate this update.

Sorry to hear that Sarah. The list view is almost certainly not coming back. I am not sure what you mean by "the latest recording first," that is the order in which they are presented. Unless you mean within a series, in which case the oldest is presented first on the understandable basis that people generally want to watch a series that way. And which was changed thus due to popular demand.
    edited 28 July 2017, 9:27PM
    Sarah B said:

Nearly - Series have always been presented earliest first. What has changed is which episode you land on when you go into a series - initially it was the latest, but now, as wished for by the majority, it is the earliest.

If the options to Wrap Left (to latest), Wrap Right (to earliest), and Skip to Earliest Unwatched were provided, I think this would meet most needs - including yours, Sarah B? - without need to change the sort sequence of episodes.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,979Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2017, 9:33PM
    Sarah B said:

Apologies Sarah, I was trying to establish precisely what you meant, but Roy is such a YouView expert that he knows better than you or I do before you have even responded.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,562Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2017, 9:53PM
    Sarah B said:

Roy -
    I've suggested this before, but none of NextGen's features have a wrap around nature. And I literally mean not one. It is a downfall to be sure.
    edited 28 July 2017, 9:59PM
    Sarah B said:

But as you yourself discovered for us, the miniguide does; it wraps around from the top to the bottom of the EPG.