Next Gen software update

Kevin ClarkKevin Clark Member Posts: 2
edited 25 May 2017, 1:30PM in Feedback
Some people prefer tiles. Fair enough but just give us the option of switching to a list format as when you have lots of recordings it takes ages to scan through 7 or more pages of tiles.

Comments

• Mark55Mark55 Member Posts: 5
    edited 17 May 2017, 2:41PM
    Subscibed to this forum to see if I could roll back the update, seems not, I would also like the option of lists instead of the tiles.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 May 2017, 5:45PM
    You can jump from one page to the next using the P(up/down) button.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2017, 7:41PM
    jonesh said:

I think 'scan' might have implied Kevin was looking for something?
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2017, 8:46PM
    jonesh said:

I realised that Roy, but with seven pages of recordings Kevin might find the P(up/down) feature useful at some stage. :-)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2017, 10:47PM
    jonesh said:

If he ever gets the time to watch all of them...  :)
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 17 May 2017, 10:47PM
    jonesh said:

Judging from some of the comments on here, a 'record only' YouView box, with no facilities for playback, might be quite popular :-)
  • Kevin ClarkKevin Clark Member Posts: 2
    edited 24 May 2017, 4:02PM
    jonesh said:

The chief culprit is my daughter who records just about everything - especially if vampires or zombies are involved!!  Maybe the facility to store recordings by user name might help me and my wife, but not my daughter...  To me it is just easier and quicker to look down a list.
  • Matthew JohnsMatthew Johns Member Posts: 98
    edited 24 May 2017, 4:25PM
    jonesh said:

I'd count myself lucky to get down to 7 pages! With four users who won't or shouldn't watch each other's programmes (e.g PG vs 15 vs 18) then it can quickly rack up. I'd prefer a list or a voice search like on my Apple TV. Certainly the Youview controller and interface is currently the weak point compared to: Amazon (voice), Apple TV (voice), Chromecast (app),  Roku (app) or Sky Q (voice). At least I can use an app for selecting recordings.
    It'd be great if websites could include a link that would offer to send the instruction to record straight to the box, but that requires more of an os fix first.
    edited 24 May 2017, 5:45PM
    jonesh said:

The YouView apps, for Android and iOS (Apple) devices, can do this now.

Or are you looking for something slightly different?
  • DJHB1980DJHB1980 Member Posts: 139
    edited 24 May 2017, 7:43PM
    The option to have a recording assigned to a user who are designated a colour red blue green or yellow would be amazing and could split recordings into groups

Have an all option then an option for users to get to their recording such as football or reality or cooking etc

Personal planner has been mooted on Sky but not done.

Had them on separate boxes but Sky Q has taken them backwards to an ALL option only.

YouView could have a few USP's if they look at the multiple failings of what Sky Q was supposed to be but is far short of.
    edited 24 May 2017, 11:39PM
    Personal planner was planned on Sky Q and even talked about in the press, but it didn't happen.

Mind you, it was also my information that they planned a dedicated UHD channel (and not Red Button facility) as far back as Oct 2016, but that didn't happen either, and I managed to find out why.
    It was purely down to costs. As they would have to pay Astra bandwidth rates 24/7 for a dedicated channel, so they decided to make UHD Red Button On Demand only and keep it that way. Which from a commercial only profit standpoint does actually make sense.
    Though I have read comments that state the content can be all over the place. I'm sure the Q users on here can comment on the validity or not of that.
    edited 24 May 2017, 11:53PM
    DJHB1980>
    "YouView could have a few USP's if they look at the multiple failings of what Sky Q was supposed to be but is far short of."
    Yes, Sky Q claimed much but delivered little. And to use WiFi as a delivery system? Are they mad? As such delivery is always  down to ones personal home circumstances and so is never guaranteed. Even though they offer them, BT don't even support Powerlines, never mind WiFi.