[Discussion] Humax software update 28.26.0

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
edited 2 October 2017, 9:38PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Please feel free to discuss the Humax software update 28.26.0 in this thread.
Tagged:

Comments

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 September 2017, 2:55AM
    Hallelujah - it may only have one small improvement but it will make a huge difference!

Finally a back journey out of a recording that returns you to exactly the episode tile you went in on!!!!!
  • AdamDempseyAdamDempsey Member Posts: 11
    edited 7 June 2017, 11:47AM
    It seems the smaller, quicker released updates Next Gen promised are true
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 4:46PM
    Yes!!! This makes using YouView sooooo much easier! Hey - small improvement - big difference
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 5:21PM
    Next step, the right forward journey hopefully :-) One small step for NextGen a giant leap for customer satisfaction.
  • Matthew JohnsMatthew Johns Member Posts: 98
    edited 6 June 2017, 4:46PM
    Much appreciated! Please continue to work on the intuitive interface!
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 5:07PM
    Nice one, keep it up YouView! 
  • Alan3Alan3 Member Posts: 22
    edited 6 June 2017, 7:13PM
    Keep the updates coming,much appreciated.
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 4 August 2017, 9:29AM

In the release note it states - "pressing the 'Back' button on the remote control will now return you to the episode selection screen".

It doesn’t state what happens if you press the  stop button - where do you land?  I usually press stop when credits start rolling

But remember this posting - “This recording has ended press back to dismiss” - Why?

The last comment in that thread was from Yasha Noke  who wrote:-  

My first thought was  - "why the extra pop-up?".

My next thought was the same as yours i.e. puzzlement as to why the extra pop-up was talking about a recording ending when it was a playback of a recorded programme that had ended.

My third thought was that perhaps I was out of touch with colloquialisms, but as I could not see the point of the message appearing I pressed "BACK to dismiss" what I still view as a superfluous pop-up.

edited 6 June 2017, 8:22PM
    dave3 said:

In the release note it states - "pressing the 'Back' button on the remote control will now return you to the episode selection screen".

It doesn’t state what happens if you press the  stop button - where do you land?  I usually press stop when credits start rolling

But remember this posting - “This recording has ended press back to dismiss” - Why?

My next thought was the same as yours i.e. puzzlement as to why the extra pop-up was talking about a recording ending when it was a playback of a recorded programme that had ended.

My third thought was that perhaps I was out of touch with colloquialisms, but as I could not see the point of the message appearing I pressed "BACK to dismiss" what I still view as a superfluous pop-up.

Hi dave - I always press stop, it also works as expected now taking you back to the relevant episode tile :)
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 6 June 2017, 8:33PM
    dave3 said:

Well that’s better news – why didn’t they put that in the release note?

edited 6 June 2017, 8:36PM
    dave3 said:

YouView release notes have never been the most comprehensive ;-)
  • Colin NowellColin Nowell Member Posts: 126
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:21PM
    dave3 said:

Err, where Is the release note?!
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:22PM
    dave3 said:

Probably because they don't quite know themselves what's in any given release :-(
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:25PM
    dave3 said:

I repeat, if there is a release note for 28.26.0 then where is it?
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:33PM
    dave3 said:

Do you mean this?

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 69
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:33PM
    dave3 said:

link is in original post:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-28-26-0?_ga=2.1722272...
    edited 6 June 2017, 9:44PM
    dave3 said:

Thanks. The original link didn't work when I first tried it.
    edited 6 June 2017, 10:06PM
    This update is a big step forward.
  • JoeJoe Member, Super User Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2017, 10:51PM
    Major step forward. Very welcome.I can tick one thing off my wish list for series folders.

Still work to be done in series folders, but this addition is a big part of it.
  • mike7mike7 Member Posts: 17
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:07PM
    Apologies it's updated to 28.26.0 - but still has Mytv tiles with no obvious options for lists - the annoying bar is still there when it turns on - so there's the confirmation - the customer is unimportant - the developers vanity reigns supreme.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 9:47AM
    mike7 said:

Apologies it's updated to 28.26.0 - but still has Mytv tiles with no obvious options for lists - the annoying bar is still there when it turns on - so there's the confirmation - the customer is unimportant - the developers vanity reigns supreme.

Sorry, I must have missed the announcement that with this update, NextGen development is now complete.

Where was that, please?
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 209 ✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 9:51AM
    mike7 said:

The only new feature is the back journey from recordings and a few bug fixes. Other items on your wish list may or may not appear in future - I would hazard a guess as to 'may not'. The 'annoying bar' would be more useful if it showed the user's favourite channels - then you could quickly jump to a channel of interest straight from the display - but oh dear - YouView don't do favourites.
  • CegCeg Member Posts: 184
    edited 7 June 2017, 12:26PM
    mike7 said:

I think there's some Stockholm syndrome at play here!
  • Nick7Nick7 Member Posts: 88
    edited 6 August 2017, 4:57PM
    Hi guys. How come there is no update for my BT branded T4000? I'm still on 27.50.. Cheers..
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 1:52PM
    Nick7 said:

Hi guys. How come there is no update for my BT branded T4000? I'm still on 27.50.. Cheers..

The same reason as always, updates are staggered across box types, providers, etc.
    edited 7 June 2017, 1:54PM
    Nick7 said:

Ah, many thanks..
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 506 ✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 2:20PM
    mike7 said:

I thought i heard on the Connected TV Conference youtube video the mention of favourites, so maybe some progress there.
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2017, 2:41PM
    Nick7 said:

Yes, this update is currently only for retail Humax box users, as per the release notes
    edited 7 June 2017, 2:47PM
    Nick7 said:

Any plans for the rest?
    edited 7 June 2017, 4:07PM
    mike7 said:

No Tim. I don't believe he was referring to channel favourites, but content.