Software Update 16/03/2017

2»

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
    edited 5 May 2017, 2:14PM
    chris1981 said:

I have BT TV and think the new update is terrible,  when I start up I seem to have to click to TV guide and off again to actually watch a show.
    The fact I cant hide channels I don't have is a step back and its impossible to navigate the BT TV section,  I am strongly thinking of abandoning this service

regarding a newer update, merging to relevant thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Update
  • Adam LargeAdam Large Member Posts: 1
    edited 8 May 2017, 8:41AM

My box updated a couple of days ago but today it has changed for the worse when I want to watch a soap program that has 65 episodes recorded it starts right back to the first episode that has been watched then I have to scroll through for ages to get to the latest ones then instead of being able to go forward to watch the next one it goes back to the start of the watched ones & I have to scroll through again. It's driving me mad to the point I want to change the box it's a joke how they can change something for the worse instead of the better why can't we have a choice if we want the update & be able to go back to the old version

Yeah it's ****
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,212 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 May 2017, 5:38PM
    Roy1 said:

David, the update has not given you the subscription channels.

But if you don't want them even offered (as they were before anyway, though admittedly much less obtrusively), then you need to change ISP away from BT.

Blush...
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • Charlie DunkleyCharlie Dunkley Member Posts: 3
    edited 1 July 2017, 3:49PM
    It seems that we no longer own the things that we pay good money for. They belong to the likes of BT to do with as they see fit and we will just have to lump it. It is just polite to offer the upgrade don't inflict it. C Dunkley
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,650 admin
    edited 30 May 2017, 8:54AM

It seems that we no longer own the things that we pay good money for. They belong to the likes of BT to do with as they see fit and we will just have to lump it. It is just polite to offer the upgrade don't inflict it. C Dunkley

Posted on an older thread, moving to the newer update thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Update
  • Lisa MossLisa Moss Member Posts: 2
    edited 14 June 2017, 3:28PM
    Visionman said:

In short, no.

Liked it at first I thought it looked modern etc etc but whilst watching a recording if I want to stop it I end up on the channel rather than the menu where I used to end up so if I want to delete or watch the next episode I have to go back into the menu. If the episode has ended and I press back or ok I again end up back on the tv channel and not in the menu where I want to be, #it'ssofrustrating!!
    edited 11 June 2017, 6:49AM
    Visionman said:

In short, no.

I think you must be watching recordings from the main menu My TV selection, and just arrowing down and choosing one?

That, 'by design', returns you to live TV.

I do not think this was good design (he says, after mentally unselecting several rather more forceful comments).

But until this is fixed, if you take the couple of extra steps to go into MyTV, select Recordings, and watch your programme from there, you will get a better back journey more in line with what you expect.
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 June 2017, 7:35AM
    Visionman said:

In short, no.

Just to rephrase what Roy has said, if one selects a recording from what many call 'the annoying banner' (the mini tiles) after pressing 'stop' one will be returned to live TV and not the recordings page/menu (My TV).
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Lisa MossLisa Moss Member Posts: 2
    edited 11 June 2017, 9:41AM
    Visionman said:

In short, no.

Thank you I'll give that a try
  • Will ReevesWill Reeves Member Posts: 1
    edited 1 July 2017, 3:50PM
    Well isn't this the update that keeps on giving... now, randomly, audio description keeps turning on by itself... only by turning audio description "on" and then "off" again does the issue go away.

Once again thanks a bunch for "leaving no box behind"... I wish YouView had because my "original" BT box is now sluggish, almost unusable with a poorly designed and annoying UI - does anybody do any testing before shipment anymore?  So far I've found no improvements over the previous firmware.   I'm guessing it's some sort of ploy to get me to purchase a new box (yes I know that YouView don't make the hardware), it won't work.

And, while I'm on a rant, why do we need thumbnails for programs that haven't been recorded yet?  Actually, why do we need thumbnails at all?
    edited 20 June 2017, 7:23AM

Well isn't this the update that keeps on giving... now, randomly, audio description keeps turning on by itself... only by turning audio description "on" and then "off" again does the issue go away.

Once again thanks a bunch for "leaving no box behind"... I wish YouView had because my "original" BT box is now sluggish, almost unusable with a poorly designed and annoying UI - does anybody do any testing before shipment anymore?  So far I've found no improvements over the previous firmware.   I'm guessing it's some sort of ploy to get me to purchase a new box (yes I know that YouView don't make the hardware), it won't work.

And, while I'm on a rant, why do we need thumbnails for programs that haven't been recorded yet?  Actually, why do we need thumbnails at all?

While you are on your rant, Will, why post in a three month old thread that you should have been able to see that Sarah had already moved the last posting out of?

I have advice for you, but I must not encourage misposting by giving it in this wrong place; so please post again, correctly this time, so I can supply it.

Oh, and Sarah, if a thread has outlived its usefulness, you can Close it to further postings, to help encourage people to post in more appropriate places. No harm in that.