Missing All4 app on NextGen 2.0 DN370T

Bill MiddlemasBill Middlemas Member Posts: 26
edited 26 June 2017, 9:06AM in Support
Just installed the NextGen update on my DN370T. All running 100 times better than before. Like a new device in fact.

However, the All4 app is not showing in the Players&Apps screen, but works when you choose a programme from the Guide and then stop the show amd go to All4 Home?

Any fix or am I missing something (other than the App icon)?image

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2017, 8:22PM
    Hey Bill, I notice that you are missing the ITV Hub on there also?  Seems a bit strange, it may be a regional settings thing, but a software update shouldn't really affect that. Try the usual safe bet of a simple soft reset, press and hold the standby button on the front of the box for abut 8 seconds and let it reboot, if that doesn't sort it come back to us.
  • Bill MiddlemasBill Middlemas Member Posts: 26
    edited 20 June 2017, 8:27PM
    It's odd as I can access the On Demand stuff then go to home within the Aop via the show I've chosen - and I hadn't noticed the ITV Hub missing. Ha ha!
    edited 20 June 2017, 8:40PM
    Still no show after the Soft Reboot or Software Reset via the Maintenance menu.
    edited 20 June 2017, 8:40PM
    Sgill no show after the Soft Reboot or Software Reset via the Maintenance menu.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2017, 9:10PM
    Do you have your box connected to an aerial?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 20 June 2017, 9:13PM
    Yes, an outdoor aerial.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2017, 9:16PM
    I take it you have tuned the box in, and Channel 4 has appeared?

If so, then I think you might have one of the 'artefacts' - what looks like a bug in the release, but is actually a residual problem from the update process itself.

Have a look at

https://community.youview.com/youview...

which discusses this issue, and describes how you may be able to deal with the issue,
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 23 June 2017, 3:06PM
    Hi Bill,

Can you let us know if you are still experiencing this issue, and if so we can go through some steps to see if we can get the players back!
    edited 23 June 2017, 3:42PM
    No, it's all sorted. All4 and ITV hub require a channel retune. Did it and hey presto! All back!
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2017, 3:24PM
    Yay!!
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 23 June 2017, 3:42PM

No, it's all sorted. All4 and ITV hub require a channel retune. Did it and hey presto! All back!

Thanks for confirming, I'm glad they are back up and running :)