Tap tap tap is anyone alive out there

DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Discussion
Talk about quiet I don't remember seeing this forum so quiet a whole day with no posts must feel like Christmas to the regulars.

Comments

• jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 6:35PM
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 6:35PM
    It's near the Summer holiday season and you may or may no find the forums now till sometime in September some days maybe quieter than others.

Darren
  • DavidBDavidB Member Posts: 69
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Could be battle fatigue, quite a lot of talk about the update and not much action.
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2017, 6:37PM
    DavidB said:

Could be battle fatigue, quite a lot of talk about the update and not much action.

You never know one day you may learn to like next generation but one day hell may freeze over lol. I myself like it but everyone is entitled to a opinion of course.
  • speedyritespeedyrite Member Posts: 81
    edited 25 June 2017, 8:12PM
    DavidB said:

I quite like the next gen UI but would like to see faster rollout of incremental updates
    edited 25 June 2017, 9:42PM
    DavidB said:

I have got used to the next gen and like it after the few minor bugs was sorted out. It tane dad whos now in his early 80s a few weeks to get used to the next gen software. Even now once in a while he asks me how to do something with the Youview box in living room. I'm still waiting on the Youview app as well as the BT TV app getting a new update. One or two features from the old software could do with coming back but overall I like the next gen software..
    I myself will be away for a few days in mid July then again in September for a few days.

Darren
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,802 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps everyone is at Glasto?

But today has been very reminiscent of the scene in Battle of Britain where the radar plotters are waiting for the day's onslaught, and it never comes.

Maybe everyone is now upconverted to NextGen, and has finally run out of (justified) negative things to say?
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
    edited 25 June 2017, 10:41PM
    Roy1 said:

But today has been very reminiscent of the scene in Battle of Britain where the radar plotters are waiting for the day's onslaught, and it never comes.

Maybe everyone is now upconverted to NextGen, and has finally run out of (justified) negative things to say?

Either that or there nursing a Saturday night hangover.
  • Dave Howes2Dave Howes2 Member Posts: 246
    We've all given up and moved on to something better........
    edited 26 June 2017, 3:01PM

Which is? :-)
    edited 26 June 2017, 3:03PM

I would like to know as well. I don't recall anyone returning to say what they have switched to.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2017, 9:55PM

• Nick7Nick7 Member Posts: 88
    edited 26 June 2017, 9:56PM

....anything other than Youview...
    edited 26 June 2017, 10:02PM

So what is it then?
    edited 26 June 2017, 11:30PM

That's quite funny actually. You do know Betamax is better though?
    YouView have announced on Witter that the upgrade has been made available to everyone on every box that can take the upgrade.

So the forum can now go back to normal, for the strange definition of normal that we use round here :-)
    edited 26 June 2017, 11:08PM
    Roy1 said:

YouView have announced on Witter that the upgrade has been made available to everyone on every box that can take the upgrade.

So the forum can now go back to normal, for the strange definition of normal that we use round here :-)

Uh?
  • DavidBDavidB Member Posts: 69

I thought Video 2000, was even better, but it all happened a long time ago, lets hope that Youview don't take a similar time to make the current version, at the very least, workable.
    edited 26 June 2017, 11:32PM
    Roy1 said:

It was on Twitter the upgrade is available to every youview user. Obviously it could be a different version of next gen on different boxes but everyone can get it.
    edited 21 July 2017, 12:51AM
    Roy1 said:

Nope:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

https://community.youview.com/youview...

One box left behind...... :-(
  • DaveGrohlDaveGrohl Member Posts: 80
    edited 27 June 2017, 7:08AM
    Roy1 said:

"Can" get it? Have they decided to make it a user option now after forcing the horrendous Next Gen on us? Now that'd be a step in the right direction, slightly too late unfortunately.
  • DaveGrohlDaveGrohl Member Posts: 80
    edited 27 June 2017, 8:01AM
    Roy1 said:

Maybe it's all been said Roy? There's only so many times you can bang your head against a brick wall.
    edited 27 June 2017, 9:41AM
    Roy1 said:

I don't use Twitter just Facebook. As well as the forums here and Digital Spy Site as well as the BT Coummunity forums.

Darren
    edited 21 July 2017, 12:51AM
    Roy1 said:

DaveGrohl

No, there is no option for this.

But it turns out that the Huawei DN371T, a rather unsuccessful retail YouView PVR offering from them, is not going to NextGen.

Making it suddenly highly sought after, and unavailable anywhere :-)
    edited 27 June 2017, 12:21PM
    Roy1 said:

About £35 on EBay. Keep it quiet though..
    edited 27 June 2017, 12:25PM
    Roy1 said:

I see:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Huawei-DN371...

What am I missing?
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 June 2017, 3:14PM
    Roy1 said:

That's the same as when I checked a week ago.
    Zilch, rien, nada, nichts etc