Since NextGen, unable to set reminders if Catch Up is also available

Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support
As title. Since NextGen, unable to set reminders if Catch Up is also available

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Not sure what the issue is here easy enough to watch it on catch up if it's available. Obviously if you have a different point of view your quite welcome to voice this.
  • Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Hi Daniel,

I wanted to set a reminder for Channel 5 HD at 8:05pm, tonight. "That's so...1984". I don't want to watch it on catch-up for 2 reasons. I will not get it in HD and I'll have to endure the adverts, before the programme.
    The option to set a reminder used to be available before (in previous generation YouView), but it is not any more.

Chris (Lincoln, UK).
    edited 2 July 2017, 6:17PM

Hi Daniel,

I wanted to set a reminder for Channel 5 HD at 8:05pm, tonight. "That's so...1984". I don't want to watch it on catch-up for 2 reasons. I will not get it in HD and I'll have to endure the adverts, before the programme.
    The option to set a reminder used to be available before (in previous generation YouView), but it is not any more.

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

I appreciate what you are saying obviously no good in this way as there is no point watching in legacy definition if can be avoided. Hopefully they consider this for future updates. In this situation at present I just record the item just in case I forget to turn over at the required time. Obviously long term would be better if you could set the reminder but unfortunately at present it seams to be all we can do.
    edited 2 July 2017, 6:23PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Thanks Daniel,

I've just set the box to record the programme, as you say, just in case I forget to switch over to it. I know I'll get the "Now Recording" info at the top of the screen, when the time comes.

Chris.
  • WayneWayne Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited 2 July 2017, 6:49PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

There is a work-around.. Search for said programme and then you're able to set a reminder from the search results.
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:01PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Reason I did not suggest this is because I thought it would be a bit of a pain to have to type the name of the program. It's been a big thing on this forum about the number of key presses on my tv amongst some users obviously this is a few more key presses then three or four maximum but I guess it is up to Chris which option he thinks is easier for himself during his use of his box.
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:02PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Hi Wayne,

Thanks. That works. it is a long way round, though.

Chris.
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:13PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Far from ideal, I agree! Hopefully the Action Panel will return soon, along with the Set Reminder option.
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:16PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Daniel, I rather let the individual user decide how many button inputs are too many!
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:42PM
    Nice chat, but would be interesting if somebody at YouView could address the actual question?
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:44PM

Hi Daniel,

Chris (Lincoln, UK).

Of course nine times out of ten I would say the same thing however it seamed obvious to me that in this case it would be to many.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited 2 July 2017, 7:52PM
    I don't use the set reminders that offen so I don't know if there is the same problem with me or not. Will have to try it and see sometime.

Darren
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 July 2017, 1:09PM
    Whats a reminder? I kindof forget....
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.