black bar affair

Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 75
edited 26 August 2017, 6:47PM in Feedback
ok, many times I like to pause the screen to look at a picture such as a house design or a landscape on Escape To The Country etc, and when you press pause you have to sit there for some time waiting for the black bar to go. Is there any way to get rid of that bar once the recording is in pause?  Tried a few key presses but nothing works as of yet.

Comments

• WayneWayne Member Posts: 82
    edited 17 July 2017, 6:49PM
    Press 'Back'
  • Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 75
    edited 6 July 2017, 4:00PM
    ahh, yes. Done. Cheers.
  • davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
    edited 6 July 2017, 5:33PM
    There was a question about the black bar or what ever its called a while back some one asked if we could change the amount of time it was on screen . Fingers crossed they will implement this in a future update , I would like to switch it off all together or at least have it shown for just say 5 seconds
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 4 August 2017, 9:29AM

I created this posting  

Why does Pause / play have to blank out the bottom 1/3 of the screen for so long?

No feed back from youview - Posting not even marked as acknowledged

keep breathing

• davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
    edited 7 July 2017, 7:20PM
  • DaveGrohlDaveGrohl Member Posts: 81
    edited 10 July 2017, 5:14PM
    Eh? This thread isn't about the minibar at turn on is it? It's about the black bar that blots out 30% at the bottom of the screen and 10% of the top every single time you press anything at all. Pressing back is all very well but it's just about the biggest urine boiler in this awful next gen update now that they've made the recording journey marginally less disastrous.

I've mentioned this before, it drives me nuts. The black bar didn't use to infringe on the viewer anything like as much because it was smaller, see through and also lingered for less time. Also it provided much more useful information. I've had previous pvrs where the timeout was user adjustable. Can they bring this onto next gen please?

Also the two second delay for the box to respond to any button press in my recordings, I keep hearing people say the new software is faster. In what way? Mine is dreadful.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 July 2017, 8:17PM
    DaveGrohl said:

Eh? This thread isn't about the minibar at turn on is it? It's about the black bar that blots out 30% at the bottom of the screen and 10% of the top every single time you press anything at all. Pressing back is all very well but it's just about the biggest urine boiler in this awful next gen update now that they've made the recording journey marginally less disastrous.

I've mentioned this before, it drives me nuts. The black bar didn't use to infringe on the viewer anything like as much because it was smaller, see through and also lingered for less time. Also it provided much more useful information. I've had previous pvrs where the timeout was user adjustable. Can they bring this onto next gen please?

Also the two second delay for the box to respond to any button press in my recordings, I keep hearing people say the new software is faster. In what way? Mine is dreadful.

There is no such two second delay generally; this looks like an artefact of your update process.

I suggest a soft reset, or a Maintenance Mode update if that is ineffective, as per the Sticky. (Pinned posting) describing these.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 10 July 2017, 9:11AM
    DaveGrohl said:

I've tried a soft reset which made no difference Roy. I'll try the Maint Mode update. Can I assume it won't delete my recordings?
    edited 10 July 2017, 9:15AM
    DaveGrohl said:

Options 2 and 4 (I recommend a 4 wherever possible) preserve your recordings.

Options 3 and 5 don't - avoid them.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    edited 4 August 2017, 9:29AM

Roy

where are these maintenance mode settings?

The only options I can find are "Update software", "update players & apps" or Factory rest

Dave - retail user - T2000

edited 10 July 2017, 12:46PM
    DaveGrohl said:

Roy, I'm currently doing option 2, what happens if I do option 2 without a tinternet connection? Will it factory reset to the old version of the software whilst keeping my recordings?
    Edit: option 2 has done nothing for the awful delay on the box.
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Member Posts: 317
    edited 10 July 2017, 1:50PM
    DaveGrohl said:

@DaveGrohl, Your post suggests you are not always connected to the internet.
    Which box do you have and are you normally not connected?

With my BT box I get the 2 second additional slow down (and I have reset), while someone else with an internet starved DTR-T2000 does not have the 2 second delay.
    edited 13 July 2017, 12:14PM
    Hi Dave

They are not in the menus, which is why you could not find them.

But now we have Pinned Conversations on the Community Home Page at last, you can read about them, and the secret handshakes that access them, in Keith's pinned posting there.
    edited 10 July 2017, 5:14PM
    DaveGrohl said:

Yasha, I have it connected to the internet, my wish to factory reset the box without internet connected is that it would revert back to the original software. If I keep it disconnected then I'd never have the problem of the Godawful next gen software screwing my box up. I never use the catchup features etc. I use it to watch tv and record tv. That's all I want it for as it's not my main tv box. I have Sky for my main tv.