Are BT DTR- T1000 users 2nd class?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 7:34PM
    As a frequent poster on the BT forums I find it a fair and active forum to paricipate in.

This whole 'you are attacking me' mantra was very much used by you on the BT Forum when you didn't like reasonable responses to your posts.

Now, the new mantra, 'Youview staffers posting as Youview staffers' is also getting very tiring.

The points you have raised until now are best handled by BT who should be more than wiling to entertain you. Just give them a call and put your mind at rest once and for all.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 12:30AM
    Robert, didn't you know?
    The entire BT Community attacked. The entire BT Community verbally abused and the entire BT Community is and were and are lying. All of them, everyone.
    Thing is, they're still there.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 540 ✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 10:44AM
     Can see a time when the old T1000 boxes are no longer supported and stop getting updates.
    I still have a T1000 but now just use it as a Freeview PVR and for the free catch up services.
    My T1000 still works but no longer works 100% once in a while but has lasted a little longer than some other PVRs I have used in the past.
    My main box is now the G4 box for the catch up players as well as BT TV.

Darren
  • Chris LettsChris Letts Member Posts: 32
    edited 24 August 2017, 10:45AM
    I'm fed up with this thread - it's getting boring... maybe it can be closed now.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:10AM
    Darren2 said:

Can see a time when the old T1000 boxes are no longer supported and stop getting updates.
    I still have a T1000 but now just use it as a Freeview PVR and for the free catch up services.
    My T1000 still works but no longer works 100% once in a while but has lasted a little longer than some other PVRs I have used in the past.

Darren

My T1000 continues to work perfectly, coming up for 5 years old.

Though many have fallen by the wayside, including my rather short-lived original T1000.

The code in NextGen is adaptive, and knows when it is running on a T1000, so that (e.g.) what would be an animated transition effect on a T4000 is a straight switch on a T1000.

To make it into NextGen, all features must run acceptably on a T1000.

Those peddling conspiracy theories about T1000s being unable to run BT TV need to recognise that any YouView box can be connected to any ISP YouView subscription service, and is expected to be able to run it; the pure Retail and BT Retail T1000s on the latest release being a case in point.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 24 August 2017, 8:39AM
    Darren2 said:

Darren

Thanks for the explanation Roy. Personally I wasn't touting any sort of conspiracy theory re the T1000. I was only repeating a 'hunch' that had appeared on another site. My apologies to anyone who thought I was being overly negative or bothersome in my original response.
    Darren2 said:

Darren

I do not include you in the conspiracists, Robert - sorry if you thought that :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 24 August 2017, 8:51AM

I'm fed up with this thread - it's getting boring... maybe it can be closed now.

What, just because you want it to be?

That's not very democratic :-(

Mind you, it is exceedingly tiresome..... but there's nothing says you have to read it :-)
    edited 24 August 2017, 10:44AM
    Darren2 said:

Darren

No Roy, it's ok, I just wanted it known, in case of any mix up in interpretation, that I'm firmly in the Youview camp seeing as we know that things are being worked on and improvements are coming ;-) From the other responses I now believe that the T1000 can handle the updates but I'd still refer anyone in doubt to get in touch with the guys at BT for clarification.

You could just simply ignore the thread Chris?!?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:12AM
    Hi Steve K,

Here at YouView we develop the software and BT deploys it to their customer base. We’re currently working together to make sure the software deployed has the right level of improvements and performance for customers but there may be a delay before the BT T1000 customers are updated.

We’ll let you know when the next upgrade is available.

Phil
    edited 24 August 2017, 5:48PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Here at YouView we develop the software and BT deploys it to their customer base. We’re currently working together to make sure the software deployed has the right level of improvements and performance for customers but there may be a delay before the BT T1000 customers are updated.

Phil

A 'Youview staffer posting as a Youview staffer'. Thank you Phil for putting an end to this saga. Well done for clarifying the position once and for all :-)
    edited 24 August 2017, 6:43PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

It was also good of Phil to come out and say that there may be a delay, yet. 
    Mind you, roll outs are always staggered.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 6:44PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

To be fair there isn't a roll out for this particular box just yet, staggered or otherwise.
  • Steve KSteve K Member Posts: 295
    edited 24 August 2017, 7:06PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

Robert: A 'Youview staffer posting as a Youview staffer'. Thank you Phil for putting an end to this saga. Well done for clarifying the position once and for all :-)

Well yes thanks to Phil for his post.  But what it says is that the issue is not (as some so aggressively opined) with BT but at YouView and someone there has very much decided that BT DTRT-1000 users are at the back of the queue for software releases ie are 2nd class

Would YouView care to explain why the most loyal customers are treated that way?

edited 24 August 2017, 7:34PM
    Robert8 said:

As a frequent poster on the BT forums I find it a fair and active forum to paricipate in.

This whole 'you are attacking me' mantra was very much used by you on the BT Forum when you didn't like reasonable responses to your posts.

Now, the new mantra, 'Youview staffers posting as Youview staffers' is also getting very tiring.

The points you have raised until now are best handled by BT who should be more than wiling to entertain you. Just give them a call and put your mind at rest once and for all.

Tough.  Hopefully you have now seen with Phil's post below that all those that so aggressively said I was in fantasy land were wrong, wrong and wrong.  The bottleneck is at YouView and not at BT.  I won't hold my breath waiting for apologies.

And as you refer to comments at the BT forum how strange you don't take up those points there and instead choose to post false accounts of them over here.

You will of course note that the general opinion over there is (a) that this is 100% a YouView foul up and not BT and (b) that if anyone says they also have Sky they have no rights at all and must be abused.
    edited 24 August 2017, 7:45PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

I knew that was going to happen...
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 7:46PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

Didn't we all...lol. It's laughable really.
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:09AM
    And so it goes on and on and on and on and on... I Knew that was going to happen and now you decide to go war with YouView. And along the way accuse every other Community member of being the aggressor, just as you did on the BT Forum where you used to post.
    I for one am done here. Enjoy your war...
    edited 24 August 2017, 8:31PM
    Visionman said:

And so it goes on and on and on and on and on... I Knew that was going to happen and now you decide to go war with YouView. And along the way accuse every other Community member of being the aggressor, just as you did on the BT Forum where you used to post.

Still making up false stories Visionman with your pretence that you and 2 others are "every other Community member"?   You're not, far from it so please give it a rest with your quest to flame off this forum members who don't share your view.  

I will highlight that you and the other two got caught out on this thread making false assertions laced with insults and yet somehow "sorry" seems to be the hardest word for you 3.

The issue at hand on this thread is that YouView have decided that BT DTRT-1000 configuration customers are 2nd class.  Now I know you don't want that discussed just like you don't want criticisms of the Next Gen fiasco discussed but this is a forum for ALL YouView customers not just those who share your views.
    edited 25 August 2017, 6:59PM
    Visionman said:

Or the post says someone at BT has decided they are not happy with the T1000 performance yet and so have decided to not release it to thier T1000 customer base yet until they are happy, possibly with some tweaks to the software from YouView.
    YouView are happy to release to thier retail customers.... Who is it holding back again?
    edited 24 August 2017, 9:51PM
    Visionman said:

YouView say on the record that they have not yet produced software that meets the required standards as they agree with BT it currently does not have "the right level of improvements and performance for customers"

Seems clear enough and as I suggested there may well be a technical reason with the DTRT-1000 processing resources.  

What is clear is that someone posting "Steve K, thats three users who have now informed you BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet, et al, all update their own boxes. I am in fact shocked that you claim you don't know this, as you used to be a prolific poster on the BT forum (all complaints, of course) and so should have read enough posts about it both on there and here.
    Or there is another possibility... That your now deliberately coming on here for one-on-ones with this forums community members to argue black is white and white is black. If so, theres a name for that. :"  Was (a) wrong, (b) malicious and (c) unable to admit it.

All I wanted was a fair discussion as to why DTRT-1000/ 80B08500 users were getting the worst treatment.  Seems some didn't want that fair discussion so set out to post guesses as supposed facts and flame anyone who pointed out the flaws in those guesses.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2017, 10:01PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

Steve K, you said that "BT DTRT-1000 users are at the back of the queue for software releases ie are 2nd class"

If there is a link between a person's position in a queue and class, then I was doomed from the day that I first attended school :-)
    edited 25 August 2017, 7:55AM
    Visionman said:

You were advised here and on the BT forums to contact BT who it would appear have taken ownership of this failing to have the T1000s updated and have been supplying better spec updated boxes to replace these older models.

You have turned this thread into a joke with your infantile rantings. It's only a box for Heavens sake. Thank God you don't have anything more important in your life to concern you if something as trivial as this gets you so worked up.

Like Visionman, I'm not for reading any more of this rubbish. One less thread to subscribe to has its bonuses, a lot less email notifications to wade through.
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:09AM
    Visionman said:

"infantile rantings"  Excuse me but surely you are the one making questionable posts with stuff like that.  It was a good thread until some espoused a false theory and then attacked me for questioning it.  Rightly as it proved because the theory was false..

So sorry if this offends but Phil has confirmed the ball is in YouView's court to sort this issue as until they produce software of sufficient " level of improvements and performance" BT can do nothing.  I know this may disappoint those who do not wish to see any criticism of YouView on this forum but sadly for them facts even awkward facts are what they are. 
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:12AM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

Phil: " Hi Steve K, 

We’ll let you know when the next upgrade is available."

Thanks for that Phil but this is disappointing that since over 2 months have elapsed since 28.26 made its first appearance there are still performance issues for 28.26 for the DTR-T1000 / 80B08500.  This,as my thread opener suggests, does not bode well for the future of those boxes ever getting full restoration of the functionality removed earlier this year.  Am I wrong on that?

It would help please if you could also clarify is it that DTR-T1000 / 80B08500 being last to receive 28.26 is due to selective prioritisation by the YouView software team or are their unique technical points with the DTR- T1000 / 80B08500?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 25 August 2017, 5:22PM
    Hi Steve K,

To address one of your earlier queries, we endeavor to develop and release software together with BT so that it is available across all box types as soon as possible. In this instance no box type has been prioritised over another one.

As mentioned before, the focus for ourselves and BT is that the software made available has the right level of performance and improvements, and this goes for each of the different models available.

In this instance there might be a delay for the BT1000 customers to get the update, but as soon as it's available we will let you know.
    edited 25 August 2017, 1:36PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

To address one of your earlier queries, we endeavor to develop and release software together with BT so that it is available across all box types as soon as possible. In this instance no box type has been prioritised over another one.

As mentioned before, the focus for ourselves and BT is that the software made available has the right level of performance and improvements, and this goes for each of the different models available.

In this instance there might be a delay for the BT1000 customers to get the update, but as soon as it's available we will let you know.

If one box type is given an update long after the others then it either has to have been set as a lower priority target or there is a technical reason.  It seems you do not wish to answer that question or give an alternative explanation

At least you confirm there isn't an update available from YouView for the DTR-T1000/80B08500 so at least we know the abusive posts saying it was BT's issue were wrong
    edited 25 August 2017, 5:06PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Phil

Whatever that K is for, I doubt it's for Kipling, but he had it spot on....

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools....
    edited 25 August 2017, 5:06PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Someone seems to be under the impression there is a different code release for different box types. It is the same code no matter which humax box, its just if BT decides the code is slick enough to run adequately on all boxes or if they would prefer some fine tuning before lower spec boxes get it, but the overall code release will be exactly the same.