Are BT DTR- T1000 users 2nd class?

13»

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Member Posts: 295
    edited 25 August 2017, 3:34PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

To address one of your earlier queries, we endeavor to develop and release software together with BT so that it is available across all box types as soon as possible. In this instance no box type has been prioritised over another one.

As mentioned before, the focus for ourselves and BT is that the software made available has the right level of performance and improvements, and this goes for each of the different models available.

In this instance there might be a delay for the BT1000 customers to get the update, but as soon as it's available we will let you know.

Actually no I haven't said that but what appears to be the case is the 28.26.0 software either hasn't been tested on the DTRT-1000/ 80B08500 or that it has and it doesn't meet the required standards.  Abstracting specific hardware to a software API is never a perfect science and it is not uncommon to find material real time differences between two platforms ostensibly presenting the same API to the main software.  

And as Phil's post says there isn't a software update available for the DTRT-1000/ 80B08500.  Not that one is available and BT are choosing not to roll it out. 
    edited 25 August 2017, 3:38PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

To address one of your earlier queries, we endeavor to develop and release software together with BT so that it is available across all box types as soon as possible. In this instance no box type has been prioritised over another one.

As mentioned before, the focus for ourselves and BT is that the software made available has the right level of performance and improvements, and this goes for each of the different models available.

In this instance there might be a delay for the BT1000 customers to get the update, but as soon as it's available we will let you know.

OK Roy if we can step out of poetry corner for a second

What is your theory as to why the DTRT-1000/ 80B08500 hasn't had the update?  Seeing as how the 'blame it all on BT so if you mention it here we will insult you' theory turned out to be less than true.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 August 2017, 6:27PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

I don't need a theory, as I know why.

Though I am a little hamstrung as to what I can reveal, and if I told you what I know, even if I could, I know exactly how you would twist it into something else :-(

But suffice it to say that there is enough information above for anyone who carefully reads it, and isn't balls-out to discredit YouView over it, to tease out what is happening here.

And so will realise that I have said nothing inaccurate or untrue above.

But I doubt if you will be able to manage that :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 25 August 2017, 6:22PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

Thankyou for your childish insults Roy.  It just shows that you believe the reason does not show YouView in a good light and therefore it must not be revealed

Why else would you and your fellow travellers be running so frightened of fair questions and trying to flame those that ask them?

That's all I've done on this thread.  Asked fair questions and rebutted unprovoked insults.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 25 August 2017, 11:52PM
    Hi Steve K,

The software has been developed for all boxes. The spec of the boxes differ and as a result test and trials results may differ on devices from time to time. When this happens we want to ensure a good user experience so further analysis and work may need to be done, which is currently the case for the BT T1000. This is currently in progress and as soon as we have an update we will post on the forum.

This thread will now be closed but if you have any further questions please message me through the community email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Phil