Missing Teletext

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 11 September 2017, 12:03PM
    Thank you for the clarification Phil. The link you put up is the same one I've posted earlier in the thread but unfortunately there are those amongst us who don't believe the BBC in those articles. Thank you for clearing this all up for everyone. It's much appreciated as ever.
  • Steve KSteve K Member Posts: 295
    edited 11 September 2017, 1:48PM
    Phil8 said:

Hi Steve K,

To address your query, the Connected Red Button + service on YouView was implemented by the BBC for their HD channels on YouView. This service is delivered through an internet connection rather than the previous implementation through MHEG.

The original service could be launched through the Text button, however this was not part of BBC's original spec and implementation of the new service on the YouView box (this is something we have fed back to them before however).

Other devices including connected smart TVs also have the Connected Red Button + service, why this is not the case for certain Freeview devices is something that Freeview or BBC may be able to help with (however the service works on the basis the device is always connected).

This implementation has not extended to the BBC Radio Channels on the YouView guide, therefore they still have the older MHEG implementation at this time. The BBC has an FAQ for their Red Button + service you can find here, you might find this useful.

Thanks,

Phil

Thank you Phil for this and your earlier email which confirms it was YouView that deleted the function from the TV channels

Perhaps you could advise your development teams that just because a document about a new service does not refer to the parallel (and richer) existing service it does not mean that richer service has been discontinued.  

Even better could they be asked please to restore the service to TV channels?  As the BBC link you reference makes it clear that "the original Red Button service remains hugely popular, so it will be around for some time."

I look forward to Robert, Visionman and Redchiz apologising for their quite extraordinary series of abusive posts saying that what you have posted could not possibly be true and that anyone holding that belief must be malicious.  And perhaps those posts could be placed where the sun will never shine.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 September 2017, 2:14PM
    Cheers Phil. :)
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 11 September 2017, 11:03PM
    Like I said Phil, some people just won't believe the Beeb, and even when the truth is in front of them they can't string all the words together to come to the same outcome as everyone else. I fear for the future of our race if these are the sort of people making up the next generation.

As for the remark some fool made earlier, "And perhaps those posts could be placed where the sun will never shine", and then have the nerve to blame other for abusing them. You couldn't make it up :-) I for one am going near your 'behind' to place anything there!

Poor child!
    edited 11 September 2017, 6:34PM
    Robert8 said:

Like I said Phil, some people just won't believe the Beeb, and even when the truth is in front of them they can't string all the words together to come to the same outcome as everyone else. I fear for the future of our race if these are the sort of people making up the next generation.

As for the remark some fool made earlier, "And perhaps those posts could be placed where the sun will never shine", and then have the nerve to blame other for abusing them. You couldn't make it up :-) I for one am going near your 'behind' to place anything there!

Poor child!

As I said a litany of abusive comments and yet Robert you continue
    - I gave you the evidence you were wrong in this delusion that the BBC supposedly turned off the Text service
    - Roy showed you you were wrong
    - The BBC tells you that you are wrong
    - Phil has posted that you were wrong

But hey ho you just carry on 

Go on try this.  Go to a modern Freeview set connected to an aerial.  Select channel 1 (or 2 or 231 or 232) wait 5 seconds and press the Text button on your remote

- if nothing happens your theory has merit
    - if the text data appears with all those areas to explore incl page 240 that red Button+ doesn't carry you so need to find clever words to explain those offensive posts above ^.  'Sorry' would be a good one to start with
    edited 11 September 2017, 7:19PM
    Robert8 said:

Poor child!

BORING!!!!!! Ain't nobody arguing that fact re the text on Freeview etc with you. Dear Lord Almighty!!!!! I have agreed with you on that so many times already.

If you think I'm apologising to someone like you then you'll have a long wait. I'd apologise to all the other reasonable people on here (IF I had something to apologise for) but I'll never stoop so low as to apologise to someone like you.

Such a shame Phil couldn't email everyone else with these findings of his instead of only emailing you. Why the rest of us are being treated with such utter disdain and contempt by Youview is beyond me. Maybe you all deserve each other (I don't know).

So far all I've seen here are two or three people constantly stirring up trouble and Youview treating them like Gods. Astounding!!!!!

Final word from me, you can be as offensive as you like, "And perhaps those posts could be placed where the sun will never shine", that's just one of your classics, yet you are too weak to accept some **** back. Last time I saw that was in primary school. Time to join the big boys world!!!! See you there!

edited 11 September 2017, 11:04PM
    Robert8 said:

Poor child!

So you did the test, found out that the BBC never ended the service and are trying anything to cover up that you posted in support of Visionman's blatant falsehood: "Then go complain to the BBC. It is they that withdrew this BBC provided service".  

You see it was that that's been the point at hand all the time.  No one put a gun to your head to post in support of it .  Perhaps you would like to forget your own porkies such as : "I think thats the problem. Auntie Beeb decided not to implement the original red button/text button functionality "  and the "maybe Youview should have pursued/be pursuing the Beeb over this failure which lies firmly at Auntie's door. "  

And are you saying a bad boy made you post all that abuse just because I pointed out that such statements were and are very false.

PS where the sun never shines is a Dungeon.  On another site it's what we call where we remove offensive posts to. 
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 12 September 2017, 12:18PM
    Hi Steve,

It appears you may have misunderstood the information provided in the email, and what I have posted on the forum. As mentioned in the email-

'In terms of the Red Button Service, the BBC wanted to
    bring their enhanced BBC Red Button + service to the platform, which they had
    already implemented on a number of other devices'.

YouView did not delete the service so I wanted to make sure that was clear (which I believe it is). We work with the BBC to implement new services and technology. If you have any problems with the service itself we recommend getting in touch directly via their Help and Feedback page.

As Paula's original post has been answered I have closed this thread, thanks.