Please advise when this software update may be released in post code area BT20 in Northern Ireland.

David25David25 Member Posts: 8
edited 22 September 2017, 12:54AM in Support
Latest software update release date

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 September 2017, 10:16PM
    They don't release updates via postcodes, David. They do it in phases via platform and box model.
    Though you don't state yours and whos your ISP?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • David25David25 Member Posts: 8
    edited 14 September 2017, 11:51PM
    Ah thanks for this. My ISP is Talk Talk but they don't know and my box model is Huawei DN370T.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 12:15AM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 12:16AM
    According to here David https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions there is currently a roll out of 70.44.148 in progress for Talk Talk DN370T boxes. There's information on what's included in this version here https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/TalkTalk-software-update-72-44-147-70-44-14...
    edited 15 September 2017, 10:37AM
    Thanks but sorry guys , my point here is that rollout in progress is not a helpful comment from Youview if you have a box that has a fault which the update is supposed to fix. If it said rollout from release date will be complete in 2 weeks, 1 month or 3 months etc then this would be better. Currently if I need to arrange a chargeable engineer visit to fix it Or buy a new box I don't know where I stand so it would be helpful to have an idea of update time frame which Youview appear not to know. Someone somewhere in Youview must have an idea.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 September 2017, 11:27AM
    David -

The only information that is available about the timing of software updates is what is given in the Support pages.

Software updates do not fix faults with a box, but they can change its functionality.

YouView employees who contribute to the forum have a green surround to their avatar.
    edited 15 September 2017, 11:41AM

If your box has a fault you would need to take that up with your provider.

If what you mean is that your box is missing the 'edit channels' function or the 'improvements to the delete confirmation screen' then those are not 'faults' but features which are currently missing but now being added back with this update.

To get an actual faulty box fixed or replaced would need contact with your provider, an update won't fix a fault.

Unfortunately there are never actual timeframes for updates but I wouldn't arrange an engineer visit because you aren't getting an update quickly enough. If on the other hand you are experiencing an actual 'fault' then you'll need that engineer visit regardless of update. 

edited 15 September 2017, 12:04PM
    Whats the fault, David?
    edited 15 September 2017, 12:40PM
    Thanks again guys - specific re-occurring fault after all maintenance mode re-sets is the box fails to do an episode record when booked on EPG the day before the programme goes out. This happens on all TV channels and has just occurred in the last week or so on this box which is approx 3 years old. All other record functions work normally ie for on the day recordings and series record. Also all other aspects of box function are working normally. I understood from my ISP Talk Talk tech support that the update due would fix this as was a known software issue. From what you all seem be saying here it is a hardware problem and I need a new box so that's what l'll start to arrange short of any other wisdom you offer here. Thanks again. Cheers.
    edited 15 September 2017, 1:51PM
    I'm sorry David but you've been given duff info. 
    70.44.148 introduces the new Edit Channels feature and the only bug it fixes is the jump to start bug on partially watched recordings. I've also not seen your issue posted by anyone else on any of the forums available.
    edited 15 September 2017, 1:02PM

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/TalkTalk-software-update-72-44-147-70-44-14...

There is no mention in the above link of anything relating to your problem. I would suggest getting back to Talk Talk and link them into that page and ask them where this 'fix' is mentioned. I've been unable to find any mention of this anywhere else, unless someone else comes along with knowledge of it.

edited 15 September 2017, 1:23PM
    I'd actually post on the TalkTalk forum and have your issue escalated to an OCE, who will take personal ownership of the problem. Just make sure you telephone number is listed in your profile.
    edited 15 September 2017, 8:52PM
    Thanks guys!  I will contact Talk Talk as advised and see where that gets me!  Really appreciate your quick responses and all feedback here.  Kind regards, David
    edited 15 September 2017, 5:00PM
    David25 said:

Thanks guys!  I will contact Talk Talk as advised and see where that gets me!  Really appreciate your quick responses and all feedback here.  Kind regards, David

Hope you get sorted David. Good luck.
    edited 22 September 2017, 12:30AM
    Still don't have this update. Talk Talk tech support think my box DN370t should have it ie 70.44.148. Not sure where to go now!
    edited 22 September 2017, 12:54AM

According to the official site https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions the rollout for your box is 'still in progress' so it truly is just a matter of waiting.

The thing is, as has already been posted on this thread, this new update doesn't include any 'fix' for your particular issue.