[Discussion] Humax software update 28.35.0

12345679»

Comments

• wislonpwislonp Member Posts: 18
    edited 3 September 2017, 8:09PM
    wislonp said:

Hi, so very pleased to be able to edit the EPG channels. However I now have a new issue. The 15 sec skip back no longer works! I still have the issue that when the buffer is full the fast rewind only rewinds a x2 speed.

I spoke too soon. It looks like my issue with step back is even worse than before the update. Cannot do any -15 sec step back and the fast rewind is only 2x. It does seem to be when the buffer is full.

Once again, I have to agree this is poorly tested 'beta' firmware that should not be released.

I wonder what hardware is used for testing? I have Humax hardware.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 September 2017, 8:24PM
    Visionman said:

If you access a recording from the main menu, ie switch it on and scroll right to MyTV and then press down, or press the blue YV button and scroll right to MyTV, press down and access the recording from there, upon stopping it the user will be returned to live TV. If you want to end up back on the recording tile, you have to actually enter the MyTV menu and then select the recording from there.

Now, now... according to one user on here YouView have done nothing, they don't listen (because they're deaf) and they are not going to do anything about it either. 
    This is clearly the worst box in the world, it won't do anything he wants, has chosen to ignore improvements YouView have made and craves features they are never going to offer.
    I wonder if he obtained a YouView by accident, when he really wanted a Freeview Play? :)
    I honestly can't stand spammers.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • momistmomist Member Posts: 139
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:14PM
    Graham5 said:

Another little niggle I've now discovered over the last week or so is that the my dtrt2000 does not respond to the remote control; if I press the power button on the remote, several times, it may work or more likely I have to turn it on at the machine

I would hesitate to blame the update for this - the earlier boxes were notorious for the unreliability and short lives of their remotes.  I don't expect that the newer ones are going to be much better.  Try buying a third party replacement?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 September 2017, 11:21AM
    Visionman said:

If you access a recording from the main menu, ie switch it on and scroll right to MyTV and then press down, or press the blue YV button and scroll right to MyTV, press down and access the recording from there, upon stopping it the user will be returned to live TV. If you want to end up back on the recording tile, you have to actually enter the MyTV menu and then select the recording from there.

Which has what to do with the behaviour pattern you describe?

Spammers are rarely on topic, usually have something to sell, and this is not a description you can apply in this case.

Mere disagreement with you doth not a spammer make :-)

But what is the term for someone who had a product, stopped using it, but still hangs around the forum where it is discussed, making derogatory interjections?

The nearest I can get is 'lamer'.

But this clearly can't apply to anyone who is still using the product, however reluctantly, and keeps exhorting the maker of the product to improve it, for their sake as well as his own.

Otherwise most of us here, to one degree or another, would be such 'lamers'.

Or we will be able to be, once NextGen is finally declared as being no worse, from YouView's point of view, than CurrentGen was, and we can go back to railing against the things that YouView still decline to add to their product :-)
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:27PM
    Visionman said:

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:28PM
    Visionman said:

I think it is fair to call someone who makes lame one-line attacks across a variety of threads a spammer, whether they are in disagreement with Visionman, or not. ;)
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:30PM
    Visionman said:

I tried three thumbs up Emojis but the didn't get published. So had to do a like!
  • dreamtimedreamtime Member Posts: 205
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:36PM
    Visionman said:

Interesting comments people.
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:55PM
    Visionman said:

Wislonp

Emojis get eaten by the NotSatisfactory forum software; and worse, any text following an emoji is also eaten.

You can insert smileys though, even animated ones, with only moderate difficulty; it sometimes takes me less than three goes :-)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 September 2017, 11:27PM
    Roy>
    "The nearest I can get is 'lamer'."
    I'm sorry but I don't agree. Posting the same things on thread after thread. Dragging up topics from years ago, that were done and dusted years ago, rather than starting new ones, refusing to answer questions and also ignoring facts.
    Hardly constructive, is it?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 3 September 2017, 9:57PM
    Visionman said:

Roy>
    I'm sorry but I don't agree. Posting the same things on thread after thread. Dragging up topics from years ago, that were done and dusted years ago, rather than starting new ones, refusing to answer questions and also ignoring facts.

HaHa
    edited 3 September 2017, 10:03PM
    Visionman said:

Roy>

I did briefly flirt with 'sock puppet'.
    edited 3 September 2017, 10:11PM
    Visionman said:

Roy>

Haha. On another note I have completed the tests that I promised 're clipped recordings and will post them on that thread in the morning. Sorry for completing a task and replying to a question YouViewman. (Oops I meant Visionman).
  • UrsaUrsa Member Posts: 78
    edited 18 September 2017, 7:55PM
    Ursa said:

Getting there !

But when do BT Boxes get this ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
  • UrsaUrsa Member Posts: 78
    edited 6 September 2017, 1:43PM
    Ursa said:

Getting there !

Are we nearly there yet ?
  • robin0800robin0800 Member Posts: 56
    Phil said:

Getting there !

Hi Ursa,

BT boxes are now finishing rollout of the previous software, but will be receiving this update very soon! We'll update as soon as we can confirm the dates for this.

Phil
    Any update on this ?