iplayer subtitles

I've just tried to watch subtitles on the Strictly Come Dancing results show from 15th October.  They are badly out of sync, mostly 10 seconds, but sometimes over 30 seconds behind.  I have a BT DTR-T2100 box, but my ISP is TalkTalk.  Is the problem with iplayer, or the box and its current software?  I had to replace my previous DTR-t2100 due to water being spilt on it, so this box has never been used until a few days ago.

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 856 ✭✭✭
    Adrian,

I've just run this episode on iPlayer on my PC and the subtitles are a shambles. They are slow to appear and some text isn't displayed at all!  This is generally a problem with live shows (try watching the news with subtitles turned on and see how far out of sequence that is).

So not a problem with your YouView box.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭
    The results show is recorded on Saturday nights straight after the main live show.
    So they probably treat them both in the same way i.e adding subtitles live, which is a very challenging thing to do.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 30 October 2017, 3:09PM
    I've just tried to watch subtitles on the Strictly Come Dancing results show from 15th October.  They are badly out of sync, mostly 10 seconds, but sometimes over 30 seconds behind.  I have a BT DTR-T2100 box, but my ISP is TalkTalk.  Is the problem with iplayer, or the box and its current software?  I had to replace my previous DTR-t2100 due to water being spilt on it, so this box has never been used until a few days ago.
    Hi Adrian, thanks for flagging this one! We'll look into this and find out why it might be happening- I'll let you know when we have an update.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭
    @Adrian Wood1 do you regularly use subtitles or did you stumble across this by chance?