New DTR T2110 doesn't update

aj1982aj1982 Member Posts: 5
Hi all. I've had a brief chat with a guy at YV about this and apparently a couple of others have had similar issues. I recently bought a new BT yv box from John Lewis. I am on BT as broadband but not a BTTV customer. The box is clearly at stock settings, with the BT Player button doing absolutely nothing. 
It's all functional, great little box so far, but just won't update.
Details attached in images.

Anybody else had an update that just won't happen? If I tell it manually to go online and get one, it gets to about 32% and then tells me it's failed and to try again later.

Ethernet seems to work fine. The apps which are there work. Recording ok too.

Alex

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,807 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 November 2017, 6:47PM
    Try a soft reset. While not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby Button on the box for just over 8 seconds, until it non-destructively soft reboots.

Then see if it will now update.

For an established box that suddenly stopped updating, if the soft reset did not work, I would then suggest a Maintenance Mode 4, and indeed there is no harm in you trying that.

But for a brand new box that has never updated, I might well be inclined to pack it all up again instead, and go ask John Lewis for one that works.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    An observation -- the ISP Configuration appears to be blank in the image loaded.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭
    Who's your ISP, aj1982?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    I believe  (Visionman) aj1982  first post indicates that they are on BT broadband (but with no BTTV subscription).
    Apart from the blank ISP setting , the box current software appears to be  Old Gen Youview.

• Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    aj1982 said:
    Hi all. I've had a brief chat with a guy at YV about this and apparently a couple of others have had similar issues. I recently bought a new BT yv box from John Lewis. I am on BT as broadband but not a BTTV customer. The box is clearly at stock settings, with the BT Player button doing absolutely nothing. 
    It's all functional, great little box so far, but just won't update.
    Details attached in images.

Anybody else had an update that just won't happen? If I tell it manually to go online and get one, it gets to about 32% and then tells me it's failed and to try again later.

Ethernet seems to work fine. The apps which are there work. Recording ok too.

Alex

Hi aj1982, we are currently aware of an issue where some internet lines are having an issue with their ISP config. This doesn't affect all viewers and the internet should still be working. However for viewers who have a retail Humax box the config is not being picked up by the box so it is not carrying out the software update.

BT are working on this and should have fixed this over the weekend (so you are able to update). Would you be able to try the update again and confirm- in the meantime we will look into this our side to ensure it's fixed. Thanks!
  • aj1982aj1982 Member Posts: 5
    Good afternoon all! Thanks for all the comments. That's the most helpful bunch of responses I've had on a forum like this for ages. A warm welcome indeed.
    I have indeed tried the soft reset roy. In fact I think I did it after seeing a post of yours. 

Phil - thanks for your reply. I received an email from Thomas at yv today saying to try an update again tonight and get in touch if it fails. I am indeed on BT.  Tried an update about this time yesterday which failed but I'll take a look this evening, perhaps try the maintenance 4 idea. 
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 577 ✭✭
    There are those - well me anyway - who suggest blocking updates in your router so as to stay on OldGen
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    aj1982 said:
    Good afternoon all! Thanks for all the comments. That's the most helpful bunch of responses I've had on a forum like this for ages. A warm welcome indeed.
    I have indeed tried the soft reset roy. In fact I think I did it after seeing a post of yours. 

Phil - thanks for your reply. I received an email from Thomas at yv today saying to try an update again tonight and get in touch if it fails. I am indeed on BT.  Tried an update about this time yesterday which failed but I'll take a look this evening, perhaps try the maintenance 4 idea. 
    No problem aj1982, we have looked into this today and BT believe they have now fixed this issue so hopefully an update this evening should be successful for you!
    edited 6 November 2017, 10:15PM
    Hi all, so the update did nothing, but the suggestion of an option 4 maintenance thingy did the trick! It picked up newer software fine and installed it no problem. Considering I'm on BT though, it still says nothing in ISP config and the bt player button on the remote does nothing. Is that normal? Is it something from the past that is no longer supported?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

After going into connection settings, selecting to edit them, then changing back to auto, a quick check for updates resulted in a reboot and BT branding. Up and running!