TV On

Alan11Alan11 Member Posts: 13
My Humax YouView T2000 recorder used to switch my Samsung smart TV on automatically whenever I switched it on, now it has stopped doing this. I've looked through the menus on both stb and tv but can't find any reason for this. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,807 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 November 2017, 5:59PM
    What software version are you on, and what date does it show it was updated?

There are unconfirmed reports that a recent update has caused this, but not, AFAIK, for retail boxes.

One thing to try is while not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over eight seconds.

This will make it non-destructively soft reboot, and may clear the issue for you.

Do let us know what happens!
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 November 2017, 6:30PM
    @Roy
    My T2000 updated to 29.27 last night. It now no longer handshakes HDMI-CEC with my TV (aka Anynet+ on Samsung TV's). I now have to switch source manually.  :'(

I conclude that this is a bug in firmware 29.27, because of several other reports of similar behaviour on this forum.

John
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    Roy said:
    Since the introduction of NextGen, I don't believe it tells you when it was last updated, only when it was last checked. Happy to be stood corrected on that though as I do miss that feature.
  • Alan11Alan11 Member Posts: 13
    I am running 29.27.0 but it does not say when it was updated but I have NOT noticed any improvements. I have tried the soft reboot on YouView and reset the TV Smart hub to no avail. My Sony Blu Ray still works fine so I think it's down to the box.
     What I have noticed is if you switch on the box - pause- then switch it off again the TV comes on so if you then switch the box on again your ready to go.
    Anaglypta said:
    @Roy
    My T2000 updated to 29.27 last night. It now no longer handshakes HDMI-CEC with my TV (aka Anynet+ on Samsung TV's). I now have to switch source manually.  :'(

I conclude that this is a bug in firmware 29.27, because of several other reports of similar behaviour on this forum.

John
    Thanks for that. I stand corrected  :|
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    skiller said:
    Roy said:
    Since the introduction of NextGen, I don't believe it tells you when it was last updated, only when it was last checked. Happy to be stood corrected on that though as I do miss that feature.

You are indeed correct - a retrograde step in my opinion, and it needs to be brought back, if only to forestall all those 'my box has just updated and (insert issue here)' postings when the use hasn't had a recent upgrade at all.

Is this on your list of nits with NextGen, @Keith?

• Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    Roy said:
    Anaglypta said:
    @Roy

John
    Thanks for that. I stand corrected  :|
    Hi both, this is indeed a bug with the latest software which affects a subset of TVs and HDMI CEC handshake. A fix has been created which will be incorporated into the next software update.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    skiller said:
    Roy said:

You are indeed correct - a retrograde step in my opinion, and it needs to be brought back, if only to forestall all those 'my box has just updated and (insert issue here)' postings when the use hasn't had a recent upgrade at all.

Is this on your list of nits with NextGen, @Keith?

This is captured in my next gen first impressions list, but was not in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests. I've now added it there too (item 118) given it remains unaddressed :(