MM4 has given bogus Results

dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
edited 6 November 2017, 4:03PM in Support

Retail box -   29.27.0 +  App mini Ipad  11.0.19.18; Box and App connected on same local Lan

Today 6th Nov – MM4 performed and App reloaded

On the box - main menu under MyTV  - it states “MyTV is empty” – enter MyTV  all recording seem to be there, but  first one is bogus, it's for Mon 13th Nov (next week!) It has four episodes Friday 10th  through to Monday 13th all are marked as failed to record The MyTV Scheduled looks OK

On The app – the MyTV recordings  – There are 46 item marked as failed to record – these date from next week until tomorrow (from 13th  Nov to 7th Nov)  The MyTV scheduled looks OK    

Comments

• Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    dave3 said:

Retail box -   29.27.0 +  App mini Ipad  11.0.19.18; Box and App connected on same local Lan

Today 6th Nov – MM4 performed and App reloaded

On the box - main menu under MyTV  - it states “MyTV is empty” – enter MyTV  all recording seem to be there, but  first one is bogus, it's for Mon 13th Nov (next week!) It has four episodes Friday 10th  through to Monday 13th all are marked as failed to record The MyTV Scheduled looks OK

On The app – the MyTV recordings  – There are 46 item marked as failed to record – these date from next week until tomorrow (from 13th  Nov to 7th Nov)  The MyTV scheduled looks OK    

Hi dave3, thanks for raising this one and attaching some images- I'll check this one with our mobile team and find out what's happened here.
    Hi Dave, I just wanted to check back with you what option you selected in Maintenance Mode for your box. Option 4 is Internet/ USB recovery, keep recordings. Was it definitely this option or was it a factory reset, keep recording?
  • dave3dave3 Member Posts: 186
    Phil - Definitely option 4, but I should have added that the bookings on App were in a bit of mess - please other comments in this postings - https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18990681#Comment_18990681
    edited 8 November 2017, 4:06PM
    Hi Dave, our mobile team have looked into this further and have recreated the same steps you went through with the MM option 4.

They too have found that following this option MyTV displays nothing in the main menu bar, even when recordings are present. This appears to be a UI bug which we will look into fixing. In addition when this happens the box appears to convert future recording to 'failed' which are uploaded to the cloud, and are then received by the app.

Thanks for raising this issue, our team have flagged this and it is something we will be looking to fix in a future update!

@Phil thanks for the update   - but unfortunately the circumvention hasn’t worked for me.

As suggested,  from the box I disconnected and then from the App  re-pairing the mobile to the box - unfortunately that didn’t remove the failed future items. I then tried removing and reinstalling the App,  but again this hasn’t removed the failed items - All Bookings were removed.

BTW :-    The email I received  and the posting above are different.  The Email has the circumvention instructions whereas the posting doesn’t – please see attached screen shot of Email. Also when I checked mobile device setting on the box, initially my IPad was in there twice- is that a potential problem?

@Keith as per above there’s a  problem with  MM4 – potential for the list of bugs?

Hi Dave, I removed the recommendation to circumvent the issue after additional discussion with the mobile team on this. As the recording information is uploaded from the YouView box to the cloud server, the recordings continue to be present on the app even after re-pairing.

Therefore the failed recording have to be deleted off of the box entirely for the app to reflect any change to the MyTV page of recordings. Until we have fixed the UI bugs here the issue will persist after a MM4 is carried out unfortunately.

@Phil thanks for the clarification – I was expecting to just let them age out or will that cause me more problems

@Phil  - additional  feedback
            - when the problem first occurred - BBC 6:00 News would not accept a series request. I  had to manually set record for the  first 7 days – (i.e. for duration of false failed recording message)  

- The App occasionally shows two scheduled recording requests for a programme – whilst it’s possible to force this by setting the  box to record a series and  the App to record an episode, I deny doing that (will try and capture another example)

- Yesterday all false messages - "failed to recording"  have aged out
          -  Also Yesterday -  for a programme that I had deleted the record request a few days ago, there was a completely spurious recording failure message on the box and App.

Apart from the above everything is working fine.