[Discussion] BT software update 29.36.0

124»

Comments

  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,406Member, Champion mod
    Newfy said:
    My BT 4K YV Box took this update yesterday evening (had to force it down) - and I noticed afterwards, that the S/W summary doesnt record the date of installing the Update - only the date that a Check for Updates was last performed    .... did this change happen with NextGen originally, or has it just been introduced as another retrograde change ?
    Hi @Newfy - the lose of the last updated info occurred with the next gen launch (and is captured in my day zero list posting of all the issues, changes and improvements, under the niggly section) :(
  • NewfyNewfy Posts: 25Member
    Thanks Keith - I'm struggling to find the right analogy for this NextGen business ! So many features from the original still missing .... but doubtless the 'Tiles' and pretty pictures everywhere make up for it ... also the recent change to transmissions which keep my Ethernet Switch very 'twinkly' !
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,883Member ✭✭✭
    Newfy said:
    Thanks Keith - I'm struggling to find the right analogy for this NextGen business ! So many features from the original still missing .... but doubtless the 'Tiles' and pretty pictures everywhere make up for it ... also the recent change to transmissions which keep my Ethernet Switch very 'twinkly' !
    Oh thats interesting, as your the first user to comment on this.
    Have you found that BTs transmission changes have stabilised your IP channels now?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,200Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    Ah, I thought they were CDs, my bad, Royston.
    I suppose they could be, if they just shimmer and don’t iridesce, but the birds were getting wise to those, and only DVDs will do these days  :p
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • NewfyNewfy Posts: 25Member
    Visionman said:
    Newfy said:
    Thanks Keith - I'm struggling to find the right analogy for this NextGen business ! So many features from the original still missing .... but doubtless the 'Tiles' and pretty pictures everywhere make up for it ... also the recent change to transmissions which keep my Ethernet Switch very 'twinkly' !
    Oh thats interesting, as your the first user to comment on this.
    Have you found that BTs transmission changes have stabilised your IP channels now?
    Never had a problem with the IP channels - but the whole topic of what was done and why theres always traffic on the line now was discussed a couple of weeks back on the BT Care in the Community Forum ....
  • jimbjimb Posts: 995Member ✭✭
    Newfy said:

    Never had a problem with the IP channels - but the whole topic of what was done and why theres always traffic on the line now was discussed a couple of weeks back on the BT Care in the Community Forum ....

    Could you post a link to that please @Newfy, or tell us the title of the thread. I've just looked for it and can't find it. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,883Member ✭✭✭
    Why? As your not a BT user?
  • jimbjimb Posts: 995Member ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Why? As your not a BT user?

    Curiosity.  :)
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,883Member ✭✭✭
    Thought so. So here you go -
    "Greater protection for any video and audio glitches caused by issues in the  home or  network, if indeed you have any."
    https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Latest-improvements-to-YouView/td-p/1795663
  • NewfyNewfy Posts: 25Member
    Goodness, I said that w/o moving my lips ....... :p
  • jimbjimb Posts: 995Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Visionman
  • pirate983pirate983 Posts: 1Member
    My Youview T4000 has the latest update 29.36.0 but when I try to update players & apps I still get the message that players & apps cannot be updated. This software update hasn't worked for me
  • SteveTSteveT Posts: 6Member
    I have a DRTR4000 with 29.36.0 on it. I have now gone into maintenance mode 3 times over the last month 7 Dec 11th Dec and 28 Dec.  So I have had this software update 3 times. Any ideas that anyone can given me as to why I get this volume of maintenance updates? I suppose overall its about 8 - 10 this year.

  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,200Member ✭✭✭
    SteveT said:
    I have a DRTR4000 with 29.36.0 on it. I have now gone into maintenance mode 3 times over the last month 7 Dec 11th Dec and 28 Dec.  So I have had this software update 3 times. Any ideas that anyone can given me as to why I get this volume of maintenance updates? I suppose overall its about 8 - 10 this year.

    If your box is doing this, it means it knows something is wrong and it is desperately trying to self-repair.

    As it keeps doing it, this must be counted a failure.

    If this box is on subscription with BT TV, you might usefully get in touch with them and request a replacement.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • mb58mb58 Posts: 2Member
    I've recently switched to BT and a YouView box ..... never had any problems with iPlayer when with Sky but since transferring to BT and having a YouView box iPlayer is continually dropping out and my TV doesn't automatically switch to the HDMI channel. I'm on the latest software version and just wondered whether anyone else was experiencing these problems?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,200Member ✭✭✭
    edited 16 January 2018, 11:46AM
    mb58 said:
    I've recently switched to BT and a YouView box ..... never had any problems with iPlayer when with Sky but since transferring to BT and having a YouView box iPlayer is continually dropping out and my TV doesn't automatically switch to the HDMI channel. I'm on the latest software version and just wondered whether anyone else was experiencing these problems?
    You may be able to stop the BBC iPlayer dropping out by switching off Best Quality in its Settings on the YouView box.

    This is admittedly not ideal, but is a known workaround for the known iPlayer problem, which seems to affect many, though not all, YouView boxes, and which YouView and/or the BBC seem not, so far, to have been able to get to the bottom of.

    (Edited in the light of the corrections and comments below) The HDMI issue seems to have appeared in a previous release, was supposed to be fixed in this release, and will possibly be addressed in a subsequent one, if it is not just the Samsung issue alluded to by Anaglypta below.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • If you have a smart tv with iplayer already on it (or any other device) I would use it instead. I use all the Catch Up apps via my tv and not the Youview box. At least that way you will still be able to view the iplayer programmes in Best Quality and not have to switch to viewing in a degraded quality.
    According to here https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-36-0 the latest update was meant to fix the hdmi issues experienced by many users. Maybe they'll get it right next time? Fingers crossed. It doesn't however affect everyone (I for one have no problems) so may be difficult to nail down by the dev team.
    B)
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 737Member ✭✭✭
    @mb58

    Some Samsung TV models were having HDMI issues (do you have a Samsung TV?). My TV, a 2015 J series, received a firmware update a few days ago which appears to have resolved the HDMI handshake issues I was having with my T2000 retail box.

    John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • mb58mb58 Posts: 2Member
    ROY/Robert/Anaglypta - TV is a Panasonic - unfortunately it has iplayer on it but not the other catch up services hence the advantage of the YouView box. However, I’ll take the advice and use the Panasonic iplayer and the remaining catchup via YouView
124»
Sign In or Register to comment.