Sony Bravia KD-49XE8004 not working with You view On pause, play or stop

atholjatholj Posts: 2Member
I have just purchased this TV and it will not work correctly with the you view box. I am unable to stop or start any programmes. Unable to pause programs.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    Do you mean that you can’t do those things in the YouView interface on this TV?

Thats correct, you can’t.

The YouView interface that these TVs offer is rather less functional than even that on a YouView zapper box, let alone a full spec one, and these functions are part of that shortfall.

But do you have any literature, or salesman’s promises, that led you to believe this TV could do those things? If so, you were missold, and can return the TV, if you wish.

However, if what you are describing is that you can’t do those things on an existing separate YouView box connected to the TV, there would be no reason for this at all.

Apart from you possibly mistaking the built-in YouView interface on the TV for the one that should be coming from your box, I would be at a loss to explain this.

Can you please clarify what you mean, and we can perhaps dig deeper?
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
  • atholjatholj Posts: 2Member
    We have got the BT Youview box connected to this TV, the only way to access the channels from BT is via HDMI1 and then you have to scroll through all the channels to eventually get to the channel you want. This is daft as with out previous Sony Bravia 32” it worked automatically with the programme guide.
    The moment you use the remote to go to the guide it loses connection to HDMI1 and revert back to internal Youview on the TV which is no good. We explained to the Salesman that this is what we had at home and how we wanted it to work.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    atholj said:
    We have got the BT Youview box connected to this TV, the only way to access the channels from BT is via HDMI1 and then you have to scroll through all the channels to eventually get to the channel you want. This is daft as with out previous Sony Bravia 32” it worked automatically with the programme guide.
    The moment you use the remote to go to the guide it loses connection to HDMI1 and revert back to internal Youview on the TV which is no good. We explained to the Salesman that this is what we had at home and how we wanted it to work.
    Which remote?

The TV remote will not control the YouView box.

But if you mean the YouView remote, it would seem you may have switched this to work the TV, not the YouView box.

On our T2000 remote, my wife is prone to ‘switching the YouView box off’ with the top left button on the remote, which is where the On/Standby Button is on our TV remote; but on the YouView remote, On/Standby is on the right, and the button she has pressed switches the YouView remote to work the TV, not the PVR.

This is easy to see on this remote, as the TV button flashes red, instead of the PVR button, whenever you press any other key on the remote. And easy to fix, by pressing the PVR button, if you know what you are looking for.

But depending on which YouView box you have - you don’t say - the remote for it may work differently.

However the behaviour you describe is not typical, so if you cannot fix it from the above, and as you are a BT TV customer, I suggest you call their helpline so they can walk you through the correct configuration of the BT remote.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)