end of programs not being recorded on Just watched to forces tv

davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
edited 15 January 2018, 1:35AM in Support
Just watched two episodes of UFO on forces tv and on both times the last few mins did not record, they have recorded ok before .I have a t-1000 box is this a prob with the box or the channel ? if I remember rightly this is not the only channel this has happened to me

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 January 2018, 10:32AM
    davidw said:
    Just watched two episodes of UFO on forces tv and on both times the last few mins did not record, they have recorded ok before .I have a t-1000 box is this a prob with the box or the channel ? if I remember rightly this is not the only channel this has happened to me
    It is a problem with both.

UFO are not stopping and starting their programmes at the times advertised in the EPG, and nor are they adjusting their stop/start flags to the actual programme times (an optional process called AR, Accurate Recording, which the big channels do but the tiddlers tend not to).

YouView pretend that AR is mandatory, though, and do not provide any mechanism, such as padding, to allow for channels that don’t use AR.

If you tell YouView precisely which programmes were affected, they may have a word with Forces TV about adhering more closely to the published times in future; but in general, the workaround is to record the next programme as well, where you will find the missing end of the required programme right at the start of that second recording.

We call this ‘superpadding’  :p

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    Hi David, as Roy mentions the accurate recording the YouView box uses relies on the the correct start and end time provided by the broadcaster. We do work with broadcasters to ensure this is improved in instances where there is a problem. I can feed this back to our team but we also recommend feeding back to the broadcaster directly about this.

It looks like on the website https://www.forces.net/forces-tv their is contact information at the bottom. It's worth mentioning to them this feedback, particularly if this is occurs on multiple programmes.

• davidwdavidw Member Posts: 38
    edited 5 February 2018, 12:04AM
    Thank you lads I will send forces tv an email see what they say , of course if we had the option to add 2-5 mins at the beginning and end of a program that would help