Series link

BT box will not let me series link programmes on ITV+1. Only single episodes. Really annoying. As soon as I select whole series it programmes the show on ITV. This seems to be since the recent software update.
Tagged:

Comments

• Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 315Member
    In the examples I've looked at ITV have changed the way they are sometimes defining a series.
    Previously the series on ITV+1 was always defined as a repeat of the series on ITV.  Now they sometimes define it as the same series with each episode being broadcast twice within that single series. It doesn't sound much of a difference but it is triggering what you have observed.
    Hopefully it is just a temporary mistake and ITV will revert back to defining the series broadcast on ITV SD and the series broadcast on ITV+1 as two separate series.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,306Administrator admin
    Hi @Rob_Mills

This is done by the content provider rather than ourselves however it'd be useful to know what TV programmes (programme name, date and time) you have been trying to series record for ITV+1 so our content team can have a look at the Series Content Reference ID's (SCRID) to see if they are not correctly linked when they should be. Can you also let us know what region of the UK you are in so we can check some more specific metadata surrounding this. 

I assume you're recording on +1 in order to avoid a recording clash on other channels, can you confirm this and also let us know if you've checked that the +1 isn't causing a recording clash as well?

Thanks a lot,
    Sarah
  • Rob_MillsRob_Mills Posts: 5Member
    edited 15 February 2018, 5:55PM
    Hi. I have trouble with Endeavor and Trauma currently. You are correct assuming that I am recording on +1 to avoid a clash.
    I'm in Eastbourne. I get my signal from the Heathfield transmitter.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    It would be enormously helpful if the YouView box could show us CRIDs, on request.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,306Administrator admin
    Hi @Rob_Mills

Thanks for providing some of the added information. Our Content team have had a look into this and it seems to only be affecting new series on ITV+1. This has been raised with ITV and they are now on the case.

Thanks,

Sarah
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 951Member ✭✭
    Looking tonight at next Sunday’s Endeavour on an old Freeview PVR these are the CRIDs i see.  so the Plus 1 channel series CRID in this example has  two extra characters P1 in the Series CRID string. 

E
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 951Member ✭✭
    And the ITV HD  crid details for the same programme is

• Rob_MillsRob_Mills Posts: 5Member
    edited 16 February 2018, 8:38PM
    Looks like ITV have sorted it now. ☺