Can no longer get a signal on BBC4 HD and BBC News HD

Leigh SmithLeigh Smith Member Posts: 14
I have the Talk Talk Humax DTRT2000 Box and can no longer get BBC4 HD, BBC News HD, Channel4+1HD, 47HD. Can anyone help please
Located in Manchester and have returned several times to no avail.

Comments

• Leigh SmithLeigh Smith Member Posts: 14
    Have retuned several times (typo)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    Can you get those channels on a TV on the same aerial connection?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    No, only one TV in the house, but I can get BBC4 HD etc on my Freesat
    box ok. It's just Youview that has changed.
    edited 11 March 2018, 2:54PM
    No, only one TV in the house, but I can get BBC4 HD etc on my Freesat
    box ok. It's just Youview that has changed.
    Or your terrestrial aerial, or its downlead, or the OTA transmission.

Does your one TV (which must be where the YouView box is, if you have only one TV) not have an HD tuner you can try?

Oh, and as far as I know, TalkTalk never offered the T2000. Are you sure that is the model number, and/or that you got it from them? 

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    No, TV has only a older terrestrial tuner, which we dont use.
    Bear in mind, we used to get these channels okay up to beginning of March.
  • John C1John C1 Member Posts: 33
    Not Manchester, I'm in Stoke on Trent and pointing at Fenton. Couldn't get them myself along with a bunch of other channels about a week ago, did a retune and they have returned. I have noticed a lot of weak signal messages lately...
    edited 11 March 2018, 3:24PM
    No, TV has only a older terrestrial tuner, which we dont use.
    Bear in mind, we used to get these channels okay up to beginning of March.
    Have a look at this, which suggests there are engineering works on your most likely transmitter, Winter Hill. And there was a retune event March 7th, though you did say you had tried retuning.

And use this page, where I show results for a ‘generic’ Manchester address, using the Change Address option to input your exact postcode and house number, to get your exact transmitter details, engineering works, etc.

Have you got any friendly neighbours you can ask if they have the same issue?

(NB: I haven’t by any means ruled out an issue with your YouView box. But we do need to be sure these channels are actually available, by aerial, where you live).

What’s the make and model of your TV, by the way? I haven’t seen an HD set without an HD tuner (apart from one designated as a monitor) since about 2010. (I presume it’s an HD set, or you wouldn’t be worrying about not getting HD on the YouView box).
    TV is an old Pioneer HD (2003) , we get our signal from Winter Hill

TV is an old Pioneer HD (2003) , we get our signal from Winter Hill

Ah, 2003 - long before HD tuners, though not before HD screens.

You could try a soft reset on your box - while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby Button on the left of the fascia for just over 8 seconds, until the box reboots. Entirely non-destructive, except to recordings actually in progress (which I why I said don’t do it then) and perhaps to random gremlins in your box.

But I fear this will bring no improvement, and so the next step is to find that friendly neighbour with an aerial and a TV with an HD tuner, and ask if they have these channels or not.
    Thanks Roy,
    Did a soft reset, as suggested, followed by a retune, and I now have all
    channels back, including BBC4 HD - thanks for the help.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 856 ✭✭✭
    For information and clarity on this issue please see this ariticle.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton