That Difficult Second Click

skillerskiller Posts: 295Member ✭✭
edited 17 February 2018, 3:01AM in Support
This is not particular to any software version other than it's a NextGen phenomenon that I noticed immediately (ie when I first received NextGen over a year ago), but don't remember seeing anyone complain about it. Possibly because it's not that serious, which is why I have never reported it till now, but it does annoy me.

Delete a programme from a series stack and your cursor/focus will go to the next episode in the series. Now press OK to play. Nothing happens. So press OK again - now it plays.

Why is that?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    Tried it on my T2000, 29.44.10

I deleted a programme, first up in a series stack of two. The second one moved left to take up the vacated space, was highlighted in blue, and played at once when I chose OK.

Tried another stack of two, this time deleted the rightmost one. The leftmost one stayed where it was, but took up the blue highlighting, and pressing OK played it fine.

I haven’t got a bigger stack to try this on, though.

Would either or both of the above recipes have provoked the issue for you?

Try again, but hold OK down that first time for a bit longer. Does that resolve it for you?

This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • AndyAndy Posts: 19Member
    I've noticed this, and like you, never really bugged me enough to mention. For me though, if i wait a moment it works first time. It seems like it doesn't queue the remote commands and then apply them all when it can service them. Are you by any chance selecting ok quite quickly after the delete action.
  • alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭✭
    I've had this a lot while fwding through my many Olympics recordings. Even after waiting 10 seconds, the first press does not work. I had mentioned this quite a while ago and it was acknowledged as a known issue.
    edited 18 February 2018, 4:07PM
    I thought I'd check this on my spare T2000. It deleted the old programme without confirming and played the next programme immediately! Switching delete confirmation on and I needed to do the double press. @Roy would you happen to have confirm set to off and @skiller has confirm on?
    al said:
    I thought I'd check this on my spare T2000. It deleted the old programme without confirming and played the next programme immediately! Switching delete confirmation on and I needed to do the double press. @Roy would you happen to have confirm set to off and @skiller has confirm on?
    No, I have Confirm set to On.
    Holding my breath....
    Oh. So we have 3 boxes all behaving in a different way.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,962Member ✭✭✭
  • skillerskiller Posts: 295Member ✭✭
    @Roy I have tried with or without an elongated press on the OK button.

I have also tried it with Confirm yes/no.
    redchiz said:
    Then Roy Rogers will be happy too  :D
    Holding my breath....
    After a quick test:
    Box1:
    Confirm on = 2 presses regardless of time
    Confirm off = One press works
    Box2:

So it seems to be repeatable on my 2 boxes. Both T2000 on (what I think is) latest firmware, but I will check.

• skillerskiller Posts: 295Member ✭✭
    edited 20 February 2018, 2:43AM
    Apologies for what I said earlier, I have just checked again and having Confirm Deletion set to Off does indeed seem to "remove" the bug. In other words, my boxes (both T1000 & T2100) seem to behave the same as al's above.

The funny thing I've noticed is that even when it doesn't recognize a press of the OK button, it will still accept a press of Left/Right/Down (which are valid options at that point).
    I'm a bit late to reply, but my initial reply was wrong, unless the behaviour of my box has changed. I now consistently need to press ok twice to play the next episode after having deleted the previous one (confirm delete is on). Haven't tried with confirm delete off.
  • Rob PRob P Posts: 52Member
    Oh I've noticed this too, occasionally. BT Retail DTR-T2110 on 29.45.0, confirm delete ON. I don't often watch two recordings from the same series stack on the trot though. 

Regarding the differences in behaviour - could there be something to letting the recording play to the end, and pressing Back at the prompt, vs pressing Stop before the end so you don't get the prompt? 
  • Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Posts: 194Member
    edited 1 April 2018, 7:27AM
    Humax Retail box (DTR- T2000), using firmware 29.44.10 and "Confirm Delete" set to on.

Recording finishes (you don't need to play to very end), press "stop", then "delete" (via DEL on remote control). Either press "OK" twice or simply press "Play" once, to play the next recording (tile).

Chris Lincoln, UK
    Another observation with confirm delete on...

Once the previous episode has been deleted, the tile disappears. The white highlight box, together with the next episode tile, meet to become the first item in the list, but perhaps it is only highlighted and not actually selected? Therefore, the first 'OK' selects the episode and the second 'OK' plays it. When I arrow right and then back left again, I only need a single 'OK' to play, suggesting that the arrow action highlights 'and' selects.

Maybe the housekeeping actions after a delete are different for confirm delete on and off. One highlights and selects, and the other just highlights perhaps.

I have BT YouView T2100, 29.53.0

Reported 'confirm on' quirks...
     Me - T2100, 29.53.0
     skiller - T1000, ?
     skiller - T2100, ?
     al - T2000, ?
     Rob P - T2110, 29.45.0
     Chris_Thatcher - T2000, 29.44.10

No Issues with 'confirm on'
     Roy - T2000, 29.44.10

Doesn't appear to be either box or firmware related. Could it relate to the path taken to get to the tiled list prior to the delete action, i.e. pressing stop, or allowing the episode to play out to the end, or other. 

Would be useful for YouView to hear from others that do and do not experience this quirk. @Sarah - Does this occur on your test devices and could you say what the intended action should be.