[Discussion] BT software update 29.104.0

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,026Administrator admin
Hi all,

Please feel free to feedback on the latest BT software update 29.104.0 in this discussion thread.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,762Member ✭✭✭
    @Steve K, eat your heart out  :D
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • jimbjimb Posts: 953Member ✭✭
    Roy said:
    @Steve K, eat your heart out  :D
    Liked  :D
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,764Member ✭✭✭
    edited 23 April 2018, 8:16PM
    Interesting, if I click on the link or my bookmarked 'Support - latest box versions' I get a warning page stating -
    "Your connection is not private."
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from support.youview.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

I'm using Google Chrome on a bespoke laptop.
    Edit - but I can access the page via my phone.
    I can access it now. 
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,152Member ✭✭✭
    Good news.

I'm away from home at the moment and I hope that I don't get back to find that our T1000 hasn't survived the stress of the update :/
  • scottscott Posts: 1,766Member ✭✭✭

Looking at the SPEC list I think YouView/BT should be applauded for bringing the T1000 boxes pretty much bang up to date with this release (I expected this release to be a bit bare bones with just the edit channels added). I haven't had one of these boxes for a long time so not sure if this makes them very sluggish (I would expect some slow down). Personally (maybe selfishly) I would like to see YouView/BT now leave these boxes and try to push the other higher spec boxes harder so they can commit all resource to them. I don't think there are many other companies that would have kept hardware this old up to date as much as YouView has but I do think there should be a point where they need to concentrate on future developments without having to keep a hand stretching all the way back.

• joneshjonesh Posts: 1,152Member ✭✭✭
    It would be good if YouView/BT returned the full function set of the original software before they abandon T1000 boxes.
    edited 26 April 2018, 12:09AM
    edited 26 April 2018, 6:11AM
    jonesh said:
    It would be good if YouView/BT returned the full function set of the original software before they abandon T1000 boxes.
    It would be good if YouView/BT returned the full function set of the original software on all boxes before they went much further.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Its good to see the T1000s updated though.
    Hello BT? Are you going to flag this on your own forum?
  • LexxieLexxie Posts: 2Member
    Firstly, thank you very much for giving us back the edit channels feature.

The only issue I have since the software update is that my Mytv panel on Menu is stuck at the shows that were there before the update. To access anything more recent I have to click down so my recordings appear full screen. 

If you need any further information please let me know. 
  • RoryRory Posts: 1Member
    edited 9 May 2018, 10:48AM
    Did this update today on our BT DTR-1000 and noted that HDMI not working.  It's there on power up for 30 secs or so with the Humax logo but then the screen goes blank.

Switching to scart and looking at the box's menu for HDMI Display it says "unsupported format". If I select it, it just goes a page that says HDMI Display - there are no resolution options.

Maybe I'm doing something daft?  Don't use the box very much but I'm sure it worked before.
  • John WestcottJohn Westcott Posts: 15Member
    I do not know if this new release is responsible for my problem as it is no longer possible to tell when new releases are installed on the youview box. Last time I had problems with youview I could relate it to the install date but this facility may have been removed sometime ago.

On several occasions during the last few weeks my box has become unresponsive to the remote when trying to return back from playing a recorded program to live TV. Needing a power off to regain responsiveness.

Humax DTRT 1000
    Component: 3.3.154(bfbeca)
    manufacturer: 29.104.0
    33% free recording space
    edited 20 May 2018, 12:05PM
    I do not know if this new release is responsible for my problem as it is no longer possible to tell when new releases are installed on the youview box. Last time I had problems with youview I could relate it to the install date but this facility may have been removed sometime ago.

On several occasions during the last few weeks my box has become unresponsive to the remote when trying to return back from playing a recorded program to live TV. Needing a power off to regain responsiveness.

Humax DTRT 1000
    33% free recording space
    @”John Westcott”

I also strongly deprecate this change, though I would like to see both dates, Last Updated and Last Checked.

Perhaps @Keith would like to do the honours, if indeed he hasn’t already.

You don’t say which T1000 you have (the box version will tell us), but the BT rollout started 23/04 and the Retail rollout 08/05.

The only thing we can say with regard to whether it was your update or not that brought it on is whether you noticed it before whichever date applies to your box.

Next time is does it though, don’t just power off, touch the On/Standby ring in the centre of the box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot itself instead. This is slightly more effective than a power cycle.

There haven’t been any other reports of this, AFAIK, but this doesn’t mean it wasn’t the update going slightly awry on your box, just that it probably wasn’t anything in the update itself.

Do let us know how you get on. If the above does not fix it, we can offer you more drastic resets, but ones that still preserve your 67% of the disc full of recordings.
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,398Member, Champion mod
    The absence of the software info showing the actual last date an update occurred is a next gen day zero issue (see the niggly list). It is then in the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests as item 118.

Having had various improvements and feature restores over the last 18 months, and having become very comfortable with next gen, it is often these little missing items and bugs that I find most annoying (i.e. when I see do experience the issue and remember YouView have still not fixed/addressed it) :(
  • LexxieLexxie Posts: 2Member
    Lexxie said:
    Firstly, thank you very much for giving us back the edit channels feature.

The only issue I have since the software update is that my Mytv panel on Menu is stuck at the shows that were there before the update. To access anything more recent I have to click down so my recordings appear full screen. 

If you need any further information please let me know. 
    As of last week this seems to have been fixed, my latest recordings are showing as they did before. Thank you! 
    Roy said:

Humax DTRT 1000
    33% free recording space
    @”John Westcott”

I also strongly deprecate this change, though I would like to see both dates, Last Updated and Last Checked.

Perhaps @Keith would like to do the honours, if indeed he hasn’t already.

You don’t say which T1000 you have (the box version will tell us), but the BT rollout started 23/04 and the Retail rollout 08/05.

The only thing we can say with regard to whether it was your update or not that brought it on is whether you noticed it before whichever date applies to your box.

Next time is does it though, don’t just power off, touch the On/Standby ring in the centre of the box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot itself instead. This is slightly more effective than a power cycle.

There haven’t been any other reports of this, AFAIK, but this doesn’t mean it wasn’t the update going slightly awry on your box, just that it probably wasn’t anything in the update itself.

Do let us know how you get on. If the above does not fix it, we can offer you more drastic resets, but ones that still preserve your 67% of the disc full of recordings.

I cannot see anywhere where it says "Box Version". The following might help:
    variant: 80b08500
    Serial: +067002+1332024126
    identifier: DCD321-DTRT1000-070859F8
    It was only on the third or fourth occurrence of the problem that I started to think it was not a one-off, but I suspect that the first occurrence may well have been around the time of the BT rollout.
    I will try what you suggest to reset the problem if/when it happens again, and will keep you updated with what occurs.
    edited 20 May 2018, 3:35PM
    I cannot see anywhere where it says "Box Version". The following might help:
    variant: 80b08500
    Serial: +067002+1332024126
    identifier: DCD321-DTRT1000-070859F8
    It was only on the third or fourth occurrence of the problem that I started to think it was not a one-off, but I suspect that the first occurrence may well have been around the time of the BT rollout.
    I will try what you suggest to reset the problem if/when it happens again, and will keep you updated with what occurs.
    Ah, it’s Variant. So you have a BT T1000, updated on or after 23/04.
  • JeffCooperJeffCooper Posts: 1Member
    We've got a DTR-T1000 (80B08500), and a DTR-T1010 (80B07000), both on the latest version (29.104.0) - and both giving the ignoring the remote control issue. I've in the past just switched them off at the mains, and just assumed they're beginning to die, but on a hunch, I thought I'd check to see if they both did it at the same time/day, and guess what, they did - in fact at the same exact time. I'm writing this at 17:39 on the 21/05/18, and if anyone else can say that their systems just locked up at this same approximate time, I think we've got an Apple-esque conspiracy going on to convince us all to upgrade possibly.
    It may not be relevant to the remote locking problem I reported above which has not yet re-occurred, but my youview shut itself down completely sometime last night, fortunately i noticed otherwise my recording set for this morning would not have happened.