BT colour scheme

scottscott Posts: 1,812Member ✭✭✭
It would appear BT have ditched the bright blue colour scheme and moved to one closer to YouViews palette.

Comments

• richwxm1987richwxm1987 Posts: 3Member
    Seems to be purple now
  • EskiboyEskiboy Posts: 7Member
    I knew something wasn't looking right when I turned my box on today. 
  • StevieStevie Posts: 1Member
    Yes I was surprised and thought my box was faulty so did a factory re-set (I had no recordings saved so no problem). No change so came on here and I was not alone. Wonder why they've done it?
  • stereohavenstereohaven Posts: 14Member
    I really like the purple, much better than before IMHO.  :)
  • scottscott Posts: 1,812Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 May 2018, 2:26PM
    BT Sports logo's have been inverted also and now are less obvious. Not quite sure on the more obvious purple categories at the top of the TV Guide.
  • David B-WDavid B-W Posts: 1Member
    Much prefer the previous colour scheme for the Guide. It is now too stark. Why has BT/Youview done this?
    edited 11 May 2018, 7:04PM
    I think this is purely a BT decision. A lot of people complained about the blue and prefer this colour (closer to YouView’s standard which some prefer). It’s that case of never being able to please everyone. People will say why not give the option but I think sometimes you just have to accept what the majority want, unfortunately.
    I think there are probably bigger fish to fry when we look at what needs to change ;)
    I haven’t made my mind up yet about the colour scheme but I do think the BT Sport logos are definitely an improvement.
  • Bernard StayBernard Stay Posts: 20Member
    edited 12 May 2018, 1:32PM
    I am happy with the switch to purple and, as I perceive it, an overall increase of clarity and colour fidelity. However what we are still waiting for is a narrowing and less opaque broad lower band and narrower top band which show up at Play, Pause, Resume etc. Firstly: the dense grey swatches are not needed to enable the progress bar and any text to be perceived and: Secondly: we need to be able to read subtitles through them and also continue to watch the action. [I know of course about the use of the Back button to haste their exit].
    edited 12 May 2018, 2:38PM
    There are a few people asking to see the new colour scheme so I was hoping youview wouldn't mind me posting some pics here (apologies for the reflections on the blank screens lol).

• zulu17zulu17 Posts: 888Member ✭✭
    Interesting .. in your screenshot taken at 2:24pm why is the Channel 4 tile showing  The Simpsons Today 12:55  rather than the programme that is On Now which if the EPG is correct would be Come Dine with Me  (1:25pm to 2:30pm) ?
    edited 12 May 2018, 4:20PM
    Yes got the same issue now with ch5 still showing a programme that has finished (5 minutes ago). Will try to see if and when it updates. On a plus note it doesn’t actually say on now on these programmes.

edit - it has now updated properly a few minutes later.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 249Member ✭✭
    I’m still not to sure if I like the new colour scheme.that my old BT T1000 box has and now myBT T2100 has.

Darren
    zulu17 said:
    Interesting .. in your screenshot taken at 2:24pm why is the Channel 4 tile showing  The Simpsons Today 12:55  rather than the programme that is On Now which if the EPG is correct would be Come Dine with Me  (1:25pm to 2:30pm) ?
    And more today :(

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,925Member ✭✭✭
    There have been many comments across the internet. Many like it. Some don't.

• Steve PowellSteve Powell Posts: 45Member
    I’m neutral about it. In the general scheme of things, it’s not really a big deal. Nobody will even notice it anymore within a few days, I dare say. In the modern world of ever updating apps, it happens, we notice a change, and then for the most part, quickly get over it.
  • StompaStompa Posts: 38Member
    Personally I find this new colour scheme awful. The lack of contrast on some parts of the EPG is so poor, that even though I have pretty good eyesight I've had to switch to high contrast mode (which in general looks a bit rough) simply to aid readability.

It looks as though they've tried to enhance the highlighting of the currently selected programme and channel by 'fading' the other channels. In my view that shows a complete misunderstanding of how the EPG is used, where you need to be able to clearly see everything to navigate your way around it.

What with this and the vertical scrolling so-called enhancement, the EPG just becomes more and more irritating to use. I dread to think what will happen with the next update!