All4 not working tonight 31/5/18

I'm trying to access the all4 player to watch on-demand content and it comes up with a message saying it can't access My4, same on the web, is anyone aware of any issues?

Comments

• jimbjimb Posts: 1,010Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the "this is embarrassing" message when trying to access a programme from the EPG or when simply opening the player.
     :o
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,330Member ✭✭✭
    Dead here also, both on YouView and on Samsung Smart TV.

So Ch4 issue, I guess, not a YouView one per se.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • SarahSarah Posts: 882Administrator admin
    Hi all,

The All4 player had a technical issue last night across all platforms where it came up with an error. This issue has now been resolved so you should be able to use the All4 player without any trouble.

If you're still experiencing the same error please let us know :)

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • EmEm Posts: 5Member
    I had the same problem that night. Now whenever I try to open All4, YouView simply reloads itself. I also tried updating the players in Settings, but it says it can't update Apps & Players - "try again later". I keep doing that - no joy!

This has been going on for two days now. Is there a fix for this, please? Thanks!
    Em said:
    I had the same problem that night. Now whenever I try to open All4, YouView simply reloads itself. I also tried updating the players in Settings, but it says it can't update Apps & Players - "try again later". I keep doing that - no joy!

This has been going on for two days now. Is there a fix for this, please? Thanks!
    There is a bug (which I would have thought very simple to fix, but YouView have missed the opportunity to do this on several consecutive releases) where whether it updates Players or not, you get this message.

So nothing will change if you keep trying - you just have to hope you do indeed have the latest Players  :#

For the ongoing issue with All4, while not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby Button on the fascia of your YouView box for just over eight seconds, until the box (non-destructively) soft reboots.

See if this fixes it.

If not, come back for details of a more drastic reboot, albeit one that still preserves your recordings.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • EmEm Posts: 5Member
    Thanks, Roy. It didn't work for me. Would the "more drastic reboot" preserve the channels I have, or would I need to do a retune?
    Roy said:
    There is a bug (which I would have thought very simple to fix, but YouView have missed the opportunity to do this on several consecutive releases) where whether it
    updates Players or not, you get this message.
    But it's suspiciously quick to tell me to try again later. :-/
    Here’s the more drastic reboot. It is official, sort of. Follow the instructions for whichever YouView box you have, as it varies a bit according to that.

I’d choose Option 4, the most drastic one that still keeps your recordings.

But everything else goes, so you have to retune, re-establish any non-default Settings, and re-pair any devices with the YouView app on them.

It used to be you had to re-establish your Schedules also, but these now seem to crawl back from the cloud to your device inside a couple of hours.