UKTV Play now requires an account to watch catchup on YouView.

AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 721Member ✭✭✭
edited 18 May 2018, 12:20AM in Discussion
As the thread title says, you now need to create an account to use UKTV Play on your YouView box. Didn't see that coming :#

John.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,042Member ✭✭✭
    Anaglypta said:
    As the thread title says, you now need to create an account to use UKTV Play on your YouView box. Didn't see that coming :#

John.
    Nor did GDPR.

If UKTV could give us UKTV Play yesterday without us signing up and revealing PII, then they could give it to us tomorrow in the same way; and as such, UKTV have no lawful basis for collecting that PII for any purpose.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • DavidJW40DavidJW40 Posts: 3Member
    I have also found that some Drama channel programmes, e.g "The Bill", are no longer available for catchup via the Talktalk Guide; you have to use the UKTV Play app. Not only that, in some cases, e.g "Last of the Summer Wine", the episodes available via the Talktalk Guide are not the same as those available via the UKTV play app.

I have contacted UKTV, but they are unable to help re the Talktalk Guide aspect; they were only interested in whether I had any problems using their Play app.

As the Drama channel is automatically provided on all Youview boxes, and is not a subscription channel, e.g Sky Sport F1, I cannot see why this problem is one for Talktalk to solve. The fault is obviously Youview's or UKTV's.

For information, I have a Talktalk Youview box model DN370T (Huawei) with software version 70.45.146. This is a new problem, so I wondered if it was related to the recent software update of my box.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 721Member ✭✭✭

I can confirm that episodes of "The Bill" on Drama CH20 (for instance Series 16 Episode 29 Wheels, which aired last night, and again at 7:10 this morning) are not shown as being available in catchup from the guide, but are very much available from the UKTV Play app.

Another one for the content team to look at Sarah. :) My box is a T2000 retail unit.

John.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • SarahSarah Posts: 785Administrator admin
    Hi @DavidJW40 & @Anaglypta

I'll raise this with our Content team and get back to you once I have an update to share :) 

Thanks for making us aware!

Sarah
  • SarahSarah Posts: 785Administrator admin
    Hiya,

Just to update you all, UKTV are aware of this issue and are currently investigating however unfortunately, we currently have no ETA on a fix for this. The content is still available through the UKTV Play app and is discoverable via YouView Search and Discover.

We will update you all when we receive any new information regarding this issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks,
    Sarah