Will Netgear D7000 router work with BT TV.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 163Member
Hello,
Will the Netgear D7000 router work with BT TV, if it does can you tell me how I set it up, why I am asking is beause I had problems with my Netgear D6220 router set it up in the end I had to reset the router.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Matthew

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,782Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2018, 9:40PM
    Any router used needs to be multicast and IGMP enabled. Unfortunately theres no current list thats up to date at the moment.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 163Member
    Hi Roy,
    Thanks for getting back to me, Do you think a reset on the router would help ?
    Please let me know, the Router works fine it just have funny 5 mins that last a couple of days then the problem has gone can not update the Firmware on the router have tried updating the firmware but get a error 1 code so tried manully updating the firmware but when I did this the router page told me could not find the right file, but I had download the right firmware.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    A reset on the router will not hurt. It might also make it more receptive to the firmware update.

I suppose that you have checked the Changelog for the newer firmware, and found it has improvements relevant to the issues you are experiencing?

You should also contact your ISP and get them to check your line; it is not unknown for a ‘funny five minutes lasting two days’ to be something at their end.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    Hi Roy,
    I will reset the router and try to update the firmware are I have reset the router, and let you know the outcome.
    Thanks
    Maathew
    Hi Roy,
    Have tried to reset the router, the router did reset but all the settings did not change back to the default settings and still cannot update the firmware on the router, so with this in mind do you think that the router has had it ?.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    edited 3 June 2018, 8:30AM
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi Roy,
    Have tried to reset the router, the router did reset but all the settings did not change back to the default settings and still cannot update the firmware on the router, so with this in mind do you think that the router has had it ?.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    Did you do this, with particular reference to the ‘at least seven seconds’?

Unless/until the default settings reappear, you haven’t actually done a reset.
    Hi Roy,
    I use a pin and waited 7 seconds then remove the pin, the router light went off and came back on, as the netgear webpage told me, did the settings did not change.
    Hope this help.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi Roy,
    I use a pin and waited 7 seconds then remove the pin, the router light went off and came back on, as the netgear webpage told me, did the settings did not change.
    Hope this help.
    Thanks
    Matthew
    Did you disconnect it from the mains?
    Hi Roy,
    No I did not disconnect it from the mains, if I need to disconnect it from the mains how long do I leave it disconnected from the mains and do I need to wait 7 seconds using the pin to reset the router ?
    Please can you let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew

3-5 minutes and yes.

You know you have to push, not just touch, with the pin?

What non-default Settings are left? Are you sure they are not the defaults?
    Hi Roy,
    Thanks for getting back to me, do I use the pin to reset the router when the router is disconnect it from the mains, can you let me know.
    Thanks
    Matthew

Yes