Humax DTR-T!000

statusquostatusquo Posts: 1Member
When I do a software update it says I have the latest update, but it is the latest update of software version 20.9.0, whereas the latest software version is 29.104.0, how do I et my box to update software to the latest version (I have also tried a full factory reset through maintenance mode)
Tagged:

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,330Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2018, 12:27PM
    Is it BT or Retail? (Not that that should make any difference here, but it may help to know).

20.9.0 is awfully old - 23/10/2014, and probably OldGen, not even a new NextGen version.

Where has the box been for the past three and a half years? 

But check it is connected to the internet - can you watch anything on catchup, for instance, or get Netflix?

If not, remake the internet connection, and try again.

But if you have internet connectivity, but still cannot get the update, maybe YouView themselves will need to respond - perhaps the latest NextGen releases no longer support the upgrade from OldGen, or OldGen no longer ‘sees’ the NextGen releases?

Be careful what you wish for though - a lot of people still prefer OldGen, and might pay good money for a YouView box ‘stuck’ on it  :p
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley