Won’t record

sharon1960sharon1960 Posts: 1Member
I can’t rewind on my youviev box wen I press button it looks like there is no program 4 me 2 wind bk. hope u no wat I mean. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2018, 7:55PM
    Hi @sharon 1960, sorry to hear of your troubles.

I don’t quite know what you mean, though  :(

Rewinding went out with VHS tapes, thank goodness; YouView recordings, played back, should start at the beginning  :p

Are you saying you set a recording, but you did not get the programme?

In which case there should have been at least an icon for the programme in My TV, saying ‘Failed Recording’.

Do/did you see this?

There is a problem at the moment, being looked at by YouView, where this can happen.

So is this what you see, or is it as if you never set a recording in the first place?

In which case, can you please tell us what you did to set the recording, step by step, what programme at what time and date, on what channel, which model of YouView box you have and who your ISP is?

This will help us narrow it down a bit for you.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Orange BucketOrange Bucket Posts: 22Member
    I can’t rewind on my youviev box wen I press button it looks like there is no program 4 me 2 wind bk. hope u no wat I mean. 
    Are you playing back a recording, or are you 'rewinding live TV'.

If we are talking about recordings I think Roy has covered things.

If we are talking about live TV, what happens when you press the rewind button? You should see a grey line showing the start and end time of the programme and a blue bit showing the amount of programme available to move around. So if you turn on the tele or change channel, and start watching Bargain Hunt at 12:45pm, you'll see a line from 12:15pm to 1:00pm and a blue line starting at 12:45pm which is the bit that has been buffered which you can rewind.