YouView box after leaving Talk Talk

amynicole28amynicole28 Posts: 1Member
Hello, I’m currently in a bit of a situation with Talk Talk whereby their customer service is shocking and I want to leave when my contract is up next month. Once I’ve left, will my You View box still work in terms of freeview/catch up channels? Or will it all stop? Ideally I would like to switch to an internet only provider for my broadband and then use this box as a freeview box alongside the new ISP. Is that possible?

thank you!!

Comments

• joneshjonesh Posts: 1,158Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 June 2018, 6:43PM
    Once I’ve left, will my You View box still work in terms of freeview/catch up channels? Or will it all stop? Ideally I would like to switch to an internet only provider for my broadband and then use this box as a freeview box alongside the new ISP. Is that possible?
    Your YouView box will still work in terms of freeview/catch up channels. All you will lose is any TalkTalk channels that you might be receiving now as part of your contract with them. If you move to a non-BT or TalkTalk ISP, you will lose their branding as well.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,544Member ✭✭✭
    What jonesh says is spot on regarding the box. But if you are having a "bit of a situation" with TalkTalk you might try posting on their community forums, they do seem to give decent customer support there: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    Also note that any recordings you have made of programmes on TalkTalk-only channels will no longer play.

And the box will receive software updates in accordance with TalkTalk release schedules, even if you are no longer with them, as releases are determined by the identity of the box.

But other than those things, your box will operate exactly as if you had bought it Retail, for use neither on TalkTalk or BT.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley