Youview not loading

john1953john1953 Posts: 6Member
edited 10 June 2018, 7:31PM in Support
Hope there is a fix for this, when I open the youview app , where as before it loaded random programs from all players it no longer does so, it just keeps showing “loading” it never goes any further, also the program list does not load , showing  “ no information “ that is until I press in any particular program number and then the programs appear. If I open the “ Players” I can open any of them and they will open listing all the programs no problem. Any help will be appreciated. This on a Sony Bravia with Android.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,330Member ✭✭✭
    Press the On/Standby Button on your remote, and keep it pressed for five seconds or so, until the TV reboots.

See if this fixes it.

If not, try a Factory Reset, in Settings, and see if that fixes it.

Whatever the outcome, success or continued failure, please come back and report.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • john1953john1953 Posts: 6Member
    Thanks for that unfortunately both options failed to work, the discover button still fails to load.
    john1953 said:
    Thanks for that unfortunately both options failed to work, the discover button still fails to load.
    Oh dear  :'(

Perhaps someone official from YouView (@Sarah?) will be along to comment shortly. Maybe they would know of a cache you could clear.

You might want to post on the Sony forum, see what they say (as long as they don’t send you straight back here!)
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • SarahSarah Posts: 882Administrator admin
    Hi @john1953

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please try clearing the cache in case it helps with the issue? Instructions for how to do this are below:

• Press Home
    • Scroll down to Settings
    • In the TV section scroll right to Apps
    • Go to System Apps
    • Hold the right button to scroll all the way to the end and Select YVServiceHost APK
    • Select Clear Cache and press OK
    • Then Select Clear Data and press OK

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, unfortunately it didn’t work, “Discover” still won’t load, it’s a pity because I thought this was a useful feature.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 882Administrator admin
    Sorry to hear that didn't help at all @john1953.

I'll have a chat with our team here to see if we can find out what's going on. Whilst I wait for them to get back to me, can you let us know your TV set up and how your TV is connected to the internet (Ethernet straight to the router or Powerline Adapters)? Have you tried using any other cables in your set up in case one isn't working correctly? This info is useful to tell them so they have a good idea of your set up and the situation.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, I have wireless connection to the internet, I originally used an Ethernet cable direct to the router but for some reason the router would fail, I had two replacement routers from my provider and both had the same issue , eventually I found that if I connected wirelessly the router worked fine so I’m stuck with this set up.
    edited 16 June 2018, 6:49AM
    john1953 said:
    Hi Sarah, I have wireless connection to the internet, I originally used an Ethernet cable direct to the router but for some reason the router would fail, I had two replacement routers from my provider and both had the same issue , eventually I found that if I connected wirelessly the router worked fine so I’m stuck with this set up.
    So you have a faulty router?

What make and model is it, and when you said the earlier ones failed, what were the exact circumstances of that?

Presumably you have, and had, other devices connected to the router? When the router would fail, did it fail just for the Ethernet/TV combination, or for all devices? And were these wired, WiFi, or a combination of both?

From what you are describing, the ‘workaround’ of using WiFi to get the TV connected seems only partial, and the router would be my prime suspect.

I recall that early Virgin routers would give issues with YouView boxes; there was some debate about whether it was the box or the router in breach of an RFC, but for whatever reason, they did not play nice together.

It sounds like you have found a combination of router and YouView on TV that doesn’t play nice together, so it would be illuminating to know what this router is.
    Hi Roy, Apologies for the delay in responding, I have an EE router, this is my third after previous two exhibited the same problem, used with an Ethernet cable I would loose internet connection from the router, I eventually removed the cable and set my tv to run wirelessly and all was well, I no longer loose internet connection and for 3 or 4 months youview worked fine but now for whatever reoson the “ Discover” button does not load and tonight I have noticed the program times are an hour behind .
    Thanks.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,929Member ✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2018, 12:16AM
    Sony TVs are designed to run YouView wirelessly, although at the moment the boxes are not.
    Have you tried a Router reset, TV factory reset, and then wireless router re-connect?
    Have done all resets but will try using Ethernet cable tomorrow.  MAny thanks for your help. John.
    edited 16 June 2018, 7:04AM
    EE offer, or have offered in the past, several routers, some with design compromises I would be unhappy with.

Which exact model is it?

And is EE (still) your ISP?