YouView App issues

Claire TwineClaire Twine Posts: 38Member
edited 8 July 2018, 11:34AM in Support
My YouView App is showing all my scheduled recordings as failed. How can a recording that hasn’t happened yet failed? My box looks fine and there are no clashes. Any ideas? 
Thank you

Comments

• skillerskiller Posts: 272Member ✭✭
    This happens on my (Android) app regularly. My "Scheduled" list often appears as empty too, when it isn't.

It has been happening a lot over the last few weeks and I've perhaps naively put it down to EPG changes that have occurred with the World Cup.

That reminds me, on Tuesday and Wednesday next week (10th & 11th July) we have the World Cup semi-finals - BBC1 on Tuesday and ITV on Wednesday - but the YouView EPG still has them the wrong way round. (The Freeview EPG is also wrong though, so it's not just a YouView problem.)
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 300Member ✭✭
    What the app & the box do is look at the original scheduled date/time for the program & if it's not there then it flags it , oddly really , as failed. Bit of a PITA as it masks genuine failures.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 729Administrator admin
    Hi @Claire Twine & @skiller

Can you let me know your YouView box model and also the mobile device you are using for the app? Were these recordings you set on the app, on the box or a mix of both?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 300Member ✭✭
    Whilst you're not asking me I'll give you the instances I've seen recently on a T2100 (29.53) using the Youview iOS app and the recordings are plain series recordings particularly of BBC News at 10, BBC London News at 10:30 and BBC One Holby City.
    These are quite regularly being rescheduled because of the World Cup.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 729Administrator admin
    Hi all,

Just to update on this, this is a bug caused by a scheduled recording being rescheduled/having their time slot reassigned to another programme. Unless the broadcasters choose not to air the programme at all instead of rescheduling, the recording will still take place despite the message on MyTV in the app.

We have fixed this for the next iOS app release however our Mobile team are still working to get the same fix for Android but please be assured that it is something they're aware of and are working on to resolve. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Claire TwineClaire Twine Posts: 38Member
    Hi Sarah 
    Thanks for letting us know. FYI my box is the T2000 and I set the recordings up via the box. 
    Despite the app saying all my scheduled recordings have failed in reality they haven’t!