Netflix problems at Midnight, when the youview box shuts down

I know this has been around for some time But as I am new to using this forum, and having problems with Netflix currently. Was this ever sorted and how? I have just spent 45 mins talking to Talktalk support which finally ended with him telling me its to do with the Netflix app update and he has just done that so it should be OK and to try it out tonight, and call him tomorrow if it isn't. Why do I feel I have been put off?

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,917Member ✭✭✭
    Could you please state the actual problem/s your having? Thanks.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    What are your settings under Settings/Standby & Power?

Which YouView box have you got, and what makes you think it shuts down at midnight?

Or is it just Netflix that shuts down, a known problem on many devices, not just YouView boxes?

And you feel you have been put off, because you have been.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Colin BevanColin Bevan Posts: 6Member
    edited 9 January 2018, 10:03AM
    The problem is that when I am watching Netflix as soon as midnight arrives the screen locks and I am unable to get any responses from the Uview box. It is locked I have to reset it by switching it off and then it takes 5/6 minutes to reset and afterwards it carries on where it stopped in Netflix.

Here are the details of my Uview box

Huawei Set Top Box Jan 2018

Talktalk Account

Hardware Version: DN370T.02.04.TP

Serial No. : F8R8WF12B1602756

Mac Address 346BD351136D9

Item: 53010362

Component Software 3.2.108 (b020f4)

Manufacture Software 70.44.212

Platform Config 3849

ISP Config 2101011

Identifier 001882-DN370T01-010a802a

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,917Member ✭✭✭
    The problem is that when I am watching Netflix as soon as midnight arrives the screen locks and I am unable to get any responses from the Uview box. It is locked I have to reset it by switching it off and then it takes 5/6 minutes to reset and afterwards it carries on where it stopped in Netflix.
    I've not personally heard of Netflix causing a box to lock up and nor should it take 6 mins to reset, so it sounds like you have an individual issue. I'd contact your ISP by asking a mod for help on here -
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/bd-p/116
  • If you google Netflix Problems you will find a shed full of people with this problem since 2015!. I started to have problems in the last 9 months but only because we was up late watching Netflix. If I hadn't ever been watching it after midnight I would not have seen this problem.  
    If you google Netflix Problems you will find a shed full of people with this problem since 2015!. I started to have problems in the last 9 months but only because we was up late watching Netflix. If I hadn't ever been watching it after midnight I would not have seen this problem.  
    I don’t see the midnight issue except on postings about YouView.

And even where it happens, people are only reporting they have to restart Netflix, not the full-blown YouView lockup you are getting.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • punky_lass67punky_lass67 Posts: 1Member
    This happens to me every time, either at 00.02 or 01.03...does my but in as you're literally waiting for it to happen. What is the **** problem, why is it still happening after 3 years of watching Netflix. Pretty certain it's  Talk Talk issue not Netflix. 
    This happens to me every time, either at 00.02 or 01.03...does my butt in as you're literally waiting for it to happen. What is the **** problem, why is it still happening after 3 years of watching Netflix. Pretty certain it's Talk Talk issue not Netflix. 
    Does the 01.00 shutdown rather than the 00.00 shutdown coincide with British Summer Time, by any chance?

If so, this would imply that Netflix is shutting down in UTC time.